Can you do a decent print of a print

Edit My Images
No
Would like to have framed photo of my old Dog Sherry she died 25 years ago. All I have is a print no negative. Is it possible to get a decent print done of the print for framing I still want to keep the orginal.

Thanks

if you can scan it in at a decent resolution, then you should be able to get it printed to a good standard :)

agreed - a decent scan of the photo print at 600-1200dpi should see you get a good old photo for framing and putting on the wall.

Yes should be, When I was building models I would take a prototype photo in a book maybe 4-6inches on longest side, scan at max resolution run a little PP and would make a very decent A4 print from which to work.

As long as the shot was technically Ok in the first place it should enlarge 2-3x pretty well I'd have thought.

Alternatively you could do contact printing onto an acetate sheet to make a negative then print from that... although on second thoughts that's a stupid idea.

Is it possible to get a decent print done of the print for framing I still want to keep the orginal

We have recently purchased an Epson V750 scanner for customers with exactly the same requirements and have found it to be exceptionally capable of producing a 20x16 print from a 6x4 original print at 1200x1200 dpi, in fact only today I scanned a snap of a Jack Russell dog that had also demised and printed it to 9x6 from a 3.5x5inch print.

There will probably be quite a few photographers/printers in your are that can do the same.

We have recently purchased an Epson V750 scanner for customers with exactly the same requirements and have found it to be exceptionally capable of producing a 20x16 print from a 6x4 original print at 1200x1200 dpi, in fact only today I scanned a snap of a Jack Russell dog that had also demised and printed it to 9x6 from a 3.5x5inch print.

There will probably be quite a few photographers/printers in your are that can do the same.

At a branch of Tesco they were using an Epson 2480 for copying......erm must have had it since new OR many years ago sold them, but this one was found unsold in the store room and put to use. Nice to see that Tesco agreed with my choice of scanner I bought S/H for £8 ;)

Back