Can you recommend a quality bag?

rdh

Edit My Images
No
Hi all, hope everyone had nice Christmas :)

Looking for comfort and safety - quality padding. Backpack style. Needs to home the following Nikon stuff:

• Gripped D700
  • 24-70
  • 70-200
  • Flash (x2)
  • S5 Pro (soon)

Plus the usual gubbins; batteries, charger, cards, cleaning kit etc. Budget: would prefer a cap of £100, but if the right bag costs more it would definitely be considered.

Narrowed it down to four choices:

Lowepro Fastpack 350. Like the idea of fast access, although this must be difficult with the bag on your back. Looks like the 70-200 will not fit in the bag if another lens is mounted.

Lowepro CompuTrekker. Good size, but will it pass as hand luggage?

Think Tank - Airport Accel V2. Looks the part, but expensive. Too big for UK airlines (bar BA as grumpybadger mentioned in his review)?

Think Tank - Airport Antidote V2. Smaller than the Airport Accel, says its built to UK size regulations, however think the size will be limiting due to 2x flash and 2x bodies.

Don't want the 70-200 to have to be on the body at all times though in order to fit it all in. 70-200 will remain the largest lens, so not to worry about larger lens purchases.

Recommendations would be very much appreciated! Leaning towards the Airport Accel.

Thanks
Ross

I've used the ThinkTank Airport Acceleration on BA, Norwegian, Kenya Airways, etc and had no problem. It is well inside BAA regulations for UK airports. Haven't tried with Ryanair or Easyjet but according to the EJ website, it should be fine.

Beast! Might be too big for airport travel, however in hindsight I wouldn't take a full kit abroad. Thanks, now five to choose from :)

:D it is massive but fits everything in - I've just ordered a Lowepro 300AW from Warehouse Express Online £59.99 inc P&P for day to day use,and it'll go as hand luggage.

How about a Dakine Mission or a larger Sequence.

Ive got the mission and it fits everything in my sig, its comfortable and you can get stuff in the front, its got a rain cover and has side compartments (y)

I have the computrecker and i think it is a great bag I carry two bodies 5 lenses and all the bits and pieces it has a tripod holder also which is good when walking.On a long day out I can get my lunch and a flask of coffee in too.
I got mine in 7day shop for about £75 if i remember right
It can be heavy when all the gear is in it so remember this if you plan on walking alot with it.

Cathal

Have you checked the redsnapper range? I'm sure there is something that will hold that little lot and probably cheaper than the 'better known' makes.

Another vote here for the Tamrac expedition 8.

Takes all in my sig plus more.

Exceptionally comfortable when worn for extended periods (10 hours plus)

I have flown with my Lowepro Vertex 300 full loaded lots of times. Huge bag.

Ross, have a look at Cambags.com.

Gives user reviews on a multitude of different bag types as well as listing what sort of kit you can get in each.

Well worth a look as a resource.

Hey Ross,
i have just bought a LOWEPRO slingshot 200 form JACOBS and it's great as you can swing it round from a backpack to your front and get at your camera without taking the bag off your shoulder(nice design and well thought out!)this would pass as hand luggage and is on sale @ £30!!!! less than half price!you might need the next size up but, check it out anyway.I'm well chuffed with mine. Good luck!

Back