Canada day 2 - Two Jack and Johnson Lakes, Banff NP

RobertP

TPer Emeritus
Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
On the same road loop as Minnewanka are these two smaller lakes. Two Jack has a big picnic area which I hid with a tree for the shot (taken from about midway along the shore). The other way looked very nice with its little island but meant shooting into the sun.
tj01.jpg

tj02.jpg

Off down a spur road was a little gem known as Johnson lake.

As it was my first sight of running water I went to play down by the stream.
jl01.jpg

I came back up the bank to find Jill enjoying the view
jl02.jpg

Nice light on the mountain off to the side. Looks a lot better bigger!
jl03.jpg

Very big rustic bench that you had to lay back on to use the backrest.
jl04.jpg

Only problem with the view from the bench was the guy rooted at the waters edge and not looking like moving anytime soon... so I included him.
jl05.jpg

You get such nice foregrounds by getting down low near the waters edge but I do seem to have done a lot of it this year! Still like the effect though. Think the ND grad for the sky has made the foreground a bit light. Not too hard to tone it down I suppose but the sort of thing I never get round to!
jl06.jpg

If you are looking at the exif, I never reset the cameras time so the times are 7 hours out here. Taken around lunchtime.

Hope you like lakes and mountains as I have got a lot of them!

Some lovely shots in this series Robert - I could never get bored of looking at pictures of my soon-to-be-new-home country :D
I actually like the one with the man in the best (#7) as he adds some foreground interest and scale to the shot. Just looks a tad dark on my monitor though.

Looks a bit dark to me too :)

Still a bit shell shocked. Takes me about a week to get over the travel!

jl07.jpg

Brilliant series. No. 5 really does it for me.

And thank you for treating running water as it should be instead of showing it like an accident at a candy floss factory.

Some really nice shots there robert.

I'll keep my pervy mitts off them this time :eek:

Last one is a humdinger and I don't think it's too light in the foreground.

well I love Canada and I love these pictures
can you be homesick for somewhere where you don't live?

I agree, although it looks like its in need of a good straightenin'

Must be all of 1 degree out ;)

Don't matter how hard I try... and I did try - I can't take a straight picture! Gets boring rotating every one so 1 degree tends to get passed as straight :)

Goregeous scenery, well captured

Really great shots Robert. There is'nt one i do not like. I wish i was still there - back to work tomorrow I'm afraid.

The last one. Stunning. Says it all to be honest. Gorgeous landscape, wild, calm and relaxing, and perfectly captured. The others are very good as well, please don't get me wrong, but the last is right up my street :)

/jealous!

Must be all of 1 degree out ;)

Don't matter how hard I try... and I did try - I can't take a straight picture! Gets boring rotating every one so 1 degree tends to get passed as straight :)

I know excatly where you're coming from. I don't think I've taken a landscape that doesn't need straightening ever.

I'm not sure if it's because they dont mount the sensors square, my eyes are different levels (they are, by about 5mm) and my brains autocorrect cocks it up or if it has something to do with perceived horizons. Sometimes the curve of the land-water margin isn't always where the true horizon is!

I blame it on my body.

I have a really heavy right ear, so my head gets tilted :D

Back