Canada pictures

RobertP

TPer Emeritus
Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm in Calgary and trying to stay awake!

When I'm bored I'll upload some pictures to Picasa free gallery space. Picasa because it is easy. I can edit a raw and upload it with 2 clicks. Editing is far from subtle but it will have to do for now.

So nothing but a few shots from the plane window as we went over Greenland but I will add to the gallery assuming I find time and internet!

The gallery is here 1600 pixels wide if you 'zoom'

Picasa is wonderful eh?

'I feel lucky' it says on the button :LOL:

This laptop screen is no good for pictures. maybe I should trust it more than picasa!

Added some without the 'I feel lucky' skilled editing :)

Just giving this a quick bump.

Uploaded some more... and more to come.

Some excellent shots...what filters have you been using ?

Picasas processing of raws is clumsy to say the least and I don't have editing options so I wouldn't read to much into the processing! Only using it as it is fast and easy on a not so powerful laptop. Think of them as previews :)

Mostly using nd grads or polariser.

Currently in a stopover in Kamloops. packing now for 2 nights in Whister before Vancouver.

Picasas processing of raws is clumsy to say the least and I don't have editing options so I wouldn't read to much into the processing! Only using it as it is fast and easy on a not so powerful laptop. Think of them as previews :)

Mostly using nd grads or polariser.

Currently in a stopover in Kamloops. packing now for 2 nights in Whister before Vancouver.

There you are Robert! :) I wondered where you'd gone.
There's some great shots in your album, looking forward to seeing them when you've done more than Picasa 'em, it's a great little prog but limited.

I found a plugin for Gimp that I wanted to try out so I picked one of your photo's to try it on.:D
Let me know what you think.

RobertP.jpg

You're making me want to go back :D

Canada is a cool place and has some amazing photographic opportunities! Vancouver is a great city too. I take it you'll be hiring a bike and testing out the Whistler bike park whilst you're there ;)

Susane - looks good but I don't trust this laptop screen! That shot is a bit of a classic that is used everywhere. Any search for Malign lake will bring up that image like this site but it looks so much better when the sun is out... which it was an hour earlier. It is a boat trip to that shot site and the earlier boat was booked.

It is raining today and I'm a bit old for mountain biking especially in the rain!

First day we have had rain so can't complain. should be good again tomorrow. Got a suite here in whistler with kitchen, lounge and balcony with hot tub! so we can watch the rain in comfort :)

Brings back memories for me, scanning through your photos, I've got photos of the same scenery from the same place ! Spooky. Great images though and hope your enjoying the Rockies !

Brings back memories for me too. Certainly makes me want to go back again.

Great images, keep shooting and posting !

Back