Canal - Warning Mono ;)

DJW

Edit My Images
Yes
Canal.jpg

I like this Dave very nice conversion, good use of selective highlighting. :thumb:

Very nice indeed DJW! I like the way my eyes are "collected" and brought back to the front barge. Processing is up to your usual high standard too!

jewel said:
I've noticed you seem to want everything in mono lately? Any particular reason,?lol :D
Jewel

Can't afford a colour monitor ;) On a serious note I love the way Mono's cocentrate the eye on texture tones & composition. If I can get these right then hopefully my colour will improve aswell....when I can afford the colour monitor that is :p ;)

Thanks for the others comments.

Quite the mono man Dave, or is that tri or quad tone?

The only thing that i'd have liked to see was more sky over the tree to balance that amount of water out. It looks like a little compressed to me because of the crop

Subjective these things Davey Boy

I like this shot you can feel the peace and quite great:clap:

Mono really works for this one

The mono is pretty good on this pic, I'd bet the colour version was pretty good aswell though, perhaps you could post both versions to compair? :)

I have to agree with Sean though in regards to the amount of water, a little too much for me IMO, but as he also said, it's all subjective.

Thanks for sharing :thumb:

Colour as requested. I felt it was unimpressive due to colours distracting ones eye

DSC_0552.jpg

Yep, I think your right, the mono version takes it in this case :)

Back