Canal

DJW

Edit My Images
Yes
Taken this afternoon near Stratford Upon Avon. I actually spent a week on this canal in a 45ft boat years ago....at the time I was a speed freak with a motorbike & the thought of 4mph on the water sounded dreadful. I have to admit though it was one of the most relaxing holidays I've experienced & I was totally chilled within 30 mins of taking control of the boat :smoking:

Canal.jpg

Been there done that.

Just don't like to think about how long ago it was. :icon_eek:

Did another canal trip that included a famous flight of locks that I can't remember the name of :eyesup: and went through the harecastle tunnel one time too - won't forget that in a hurry.

I thought narrowboats were 70ft long or am I remembering that wrong too?

Oh and nice picture :)

thats nice Dave, really works in B&W, i think if the boats are really vivid in colour it would look good in colour, but if they are all a shade of green then B&W works better

good shot dave.

B&W conversion had been done well. Looks like when I used to print on soft paper when I was a wee laddie! (that's not a criticism BTW)

I lived by the kennet and avon in Devizes for a year, nice place. Never took one single photo though. I was thinking about the canal for this months competition actually. Should I say that, or am I giving too much away?

RobertP said:
I thought narrowboats were 70ft long or am I remembering that wrong too?

A narrowboat is defined by width - 7 feet. You can get 70ft and 35ft in length.

regards

Boys, boys, boys! It's not who's got the biggest it's who can annoy the most fishermen!
;)

I like that shot as well, the b&W suits it. :thumb:

It takes me back to my youth, I spent a week on a narrowboat as part of a holiday when I was on a YTS. I had a lot of fun and enjoyed every minute of the holiday, the YTS well thats another story ;) Am I showing my age now ?

RobertP said:
Did another canal trip that included a famous flight of locks that I can't remember the name of :eyesup:

This canal has the Lapworth Locks....all 11 of em in a row (or something like that) near the juntion with Union Canal. I go this far on the hols & thought :censored: that to that # of locks......they were all against me as well. Went to the pub istead for a :beer: :LOL:

Back