Non UK Canary Islands

I visited Tenerife a few months ago (but have not been to all of the others)- there is quite a range of different landscapes available in Tenerife, although most of them involve a bit of effort to get to either by car/walking/hiking etc

We went to Lanzarote a few years ago, before digital so no photos to post unfortunately.

The volcanic nature of the islands leads to lots of photo opportunities, look up http://www.cesarmanrique.com/fundacion_i.htm

Would need a hire car for the best access and sunrise photos etc

HTH

David

Last year's holiday was to La Palma (the forgotten Canary island) Many photo opportunities there as with the mountains, ash covered landscape etc. The night sky is second only to Hawaii in the northern hemisphere hence the telescopes being based there. You can drive to the summit in the day time at night you cannot turn off to the observatories but you can still get to 7000 ft. My flickr page has an album titled La Palma and you can see the shots I managed to take. I am no landscape photographer and I'm sure someone could capture the landscape far better than me.

Tenerife is nice, theres some good opportunities for landscapes. Mt Teide is worth going up (even if you just drive and don't bother with the summit) as you can see above the clouds, and there are chances to get nice landscapes.
Lizards are quite easy to find on Mt Tedie. I was told a good way to get them to come out is to pour some coke on the floor. But I didn't try it.

Any suggestions re Tenerife and good landscape photography locations? I'll have a car but not keen on hiking a long way as I'll be alone (and female)...

They all have their virtues. Tenerife is possibly the best for a varied short break but I like Lanzarote for its dramatic volcanic interior and wonderful seascapes.

Back