Canary Wharf blue hour

Nice night time city scape

Thanks for the comments, its a reasonably well-known spot - and hard to get anything different to others tbh

Very nice, lovely colours - I might have a try to get something similar when we pop down to see our daughter at some time :)

Mirror clear reflections are always better aesthetically.

Yes that's what I meant - thanks Steve. One day I'll avoid the breeze down there

Nice shot, love the colours.
Is it me or does it need levelling a little?

I think the buildings are pretty vertical, so might just be the shape of the dock that misleads. But happy to be corrected!

Lovely as it is, is there maybe a problem with the colour balance ie too warm? I carry a white card that I'll invariable include in a subsequent frame that can be used for correction purposes in postprocessing.

Lovely as it is, is there maybe a problem with the colour balance ie too warm? I carry a white card that I'll invariable include in a subsequent frame that can be used for correction purposes in postprocessing.

Thanks. If anything I wondered if it was too cool already lol. I find these night shot hards to judge the "right" WB so just adjust for my taste.

Would a white card would help much in this situation? The light sources near the camera are different to those in the scene.

I think you're right - there can be contamination of that sort. I sometimes take more than one frame to try for a more independent reading.

Back