Canary Wharf - Nightshoot

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi
I was planning to shoot Canary Wharf from the Southbank on a forthcoming trip to the capital, and have picked out a possible site at the O2 Areana, can anyone advise if this is a good spot and can anyone recomend anyother good viewpoints that will give me a good view of Canary Wharf.

Thanks inadvance

There's a ferry that runs between canary wharf and the Hilton Hotel on the other side. That has a great thameside bar thats perfect.

Don't discount parts inside it, the reflections from the waters of the docks, west india ave has the fountain. Try using google maps to see what images others have posted from locations

I haven't shot from Rotherhithe area yet, but you can get a good view of the skyline from the area around the Hilton.

I've taken shots from Millwall Inner Dock close to the Lotus floating restaurant https://flic.kr/p/zRkH7Z great reflections on a still evening. The east side of South Dock is also good, plus you can continue around to Blackwall Basin.

At the O2 there is the Thames Path that goes right around the peninsula, haven't cycled down that way for a while but I believe it is still accessible despite the new hotel complex being built. It's a short hop on the Jubilee line from Canary Wharf.

If you're in the area I strongly recommend Greenwich, especially at night.

Last edited:
Thanks guys thats going to be really useful information for my trip

All good advice, it is a location that I have researched and will do too. Street view in google maps is your friend.

Back