Candid Street Photography

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
CraigDouglas & I went out friday, me armed with the D80 & a nifty 50 1.8 and him with a Canon 1NHS and an 85 f1.8.

These are my results:

1. Say Cheese.
DSC_0050.jpg

2. Not really interested in selling.
DSC_0057.jpg

3. Conversation
DSC_0066.jpg

4. Dogs have legs too!
DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

6. Nomnomnomnom
DSC_0085.jpg

7. I hate my brother at times
DSC_0090.jpg

8. Food?
DSC_0094.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Some of those look a little soft, mate. I do love you calling a photo 'nomnomnomnom' though, points for that :D

A lot of these are really small file sizes- 40 odd kb. They're basically compressed to death. :)

Agree with above about softness but nice captures. Its probably a setting in lightroom as you said. I haven't sent my films off yet, took a few more yesterday and need to finish off the third film today. There's a lot to be said for digital sometimes :(

I like 3 and 7 the best. Always wondered why, if it's cold enough to wear sheepskin boots, you'd wear a short skirt! But I guess that's just me showing my age!

Love the expression of big sister in 7.

They do seem a bit soft, then then again, who am I to comment when my street candids are just the same! Look forward to seeing more.

Cathy

I thought 4 and 8 were the only two decent ones up there, and eight's spoiled by the facial expression of the subject matter....he looks bored :D

1 is unbalanced, and a bit of an odd crop. Plus one of the three is OOF.

2 is wonky, and underexposed on everything but the girl. Which would be alright if she was interesting, but she's talking on the phone and looking off shot. Not the most fascinating of subjects, thought the product looked more interesting.

3 again lacks engagement, and it looks like the facing girl is blinking, or squinting at the very least.

4 is great. Nice subject, engaging, a little odd, in motion, good background, showing a market scene without being cluttered, and good exposure.

5 is okay, but cropped a little high, and again she's halfway through a sentence and looking down.

6 is someone eating. Not the best subject matter at the best of times.

7 is very soft, and she's really squinting. I know you've titled it to reflect that, but it still doesn't work.

8 is good exposure and composition, but as mentioned previously, his expression spoils it.

I apologise in advance if you weren't looking for criticism (I think that should be in my sig).

Thanks for sharing.

like the man carrying dog one, like to see this cropped a bit tighter and then B+W conversion?.

Back