Cannock, Staffordshire?

Name
Samantha
Edit My Images
No
Apart from the obvious Cannock Chase, does anyone know of any nice locations in the area?

I'm actually in Cannock itself, don't drive so nothing too far. Have access to trains to rugeley and Birmingham too. I live near the ramada Birmingham north hotel (google it) that would take some awesome photos with the light trails as there are plenty of busy roads near it.

You could go over to Chasewater near Burntwood, but a lot would on what you want to photograph. Lichfield isn't far either (can't rememeber the bus No.)

I see I was going to suggest the Peak District but its a bit out the way if you don't drive

Yeah Chase water seems a good location, great for the kiddies too! Thanks.
I know which bus to get for Lichfield as I used to work there :) thank you

Some great locations around Lichfield, the cathedral & minster pool make for some amazing shots. Chasewater is a good call now it is starting to fill back up quite well. The steam trains running at the weekends can make good pictures as well.(y)

As said Chasewater is a lovely location, especially if you walk around the entire area not just the visitor centre.

If you can get to lichfield there are a few nice walking routes you can take to get some of the country side and inside lichfield itself have some nice architecture.

Then by Rugeley there are a few places, the best in my opinion being Castle Ring.

Chasewater Railway events offer great opportunities for photography. Members of our club also favour Castle Ring. Several people I know regularly pay the £2 photography fee to take photos inside Lichfield Cathedral with spectacular results.
You have said that you are familiar with Cannock Chase - we sometimes walk near the bike paths and take photos of the muddy intrepid cyclists - many seem very happy to pose. A friend takes dog biscuits to the Chase and has had success with photos of foxes!
http://aldridgeps.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/an-encounter-with-fox.html

Back