Beginner Cannot playback image error

Edit My Images
Yes
So we had an event yesterday and I was in charge of taking pictures. So I had my Canon eos 1100D and I was taking pictures all day. Anyways when I took the pictures I could see them when I press the playback button at start, but after a few minutes it would give me a "cannot playback image" error... I thought that the camera wasn't properly reading the Memory Card so I didn't give it much attention as I thought I'll be able to view all the pictures once I got on my laptop, and I just kept on taking pictures.. Later I got on my laptop and tried viewing the pictures and it kept giving me a error and not displaying them.. I tried with alot of image viewing programs but non of them worked.. I really hope that I haven't screwed up and lost all the pictures that I took.. The pictures still have their actual size but they just don't view.. what am I supposed to do ?? is there anyways to fix/retrieve the pictures ??

Any help would be greatly appreciated..
~Ahmed

A bit of real detail might help us help you. Were you taking RAW or JPEG? How are you trying to read the card on the laptop - via a cable to the camera or using a card reader. What was the error the laptop gave?

Sounds to me like the memory card is broken, get a new one from a reputable brand and get it from a proper shop - there are LOTS of fakes about.

While it doesn't help you now, always have a second memory card handy.

If you get any issues at all during write or playback then swap the card out.

For now, I would try some data recovery software, I hear recuva is quite good. But if the card is dodgy, prepare yourself for the possibility that you won't be able to retrieve anything from it.

Back