Cannot zoom in using Live view on Canon 5D Mk4 in live view

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Decided to have a trip to Barden Bridge (The Strid) this morning, but I cut it short because my camera wouldn't zoom in for me to manually focus in live view mode, any ideas why?

I haven't used the camera much this year and always take the battery out when not in use.

On the screens, P, Tv, Av, M and B, it has a circle in the middle and 3 thirds image showing
On the C1 and C2, a blank screen
And C3, a circle in the middle (this is set to tracking animals on the move)

Last edited:
title and description edited

Have you got the lens set to MF?

Also, how are you trying to magnify the live view, and what happens when you try?

Last edited:
Yes trying to magnify but nothing happens

Fingers on the touchscreen.

Never had a problem before

Does it work if you use the magnifying glass button (to the left of the display, above the playback button)?

No

I guess I could try resetting everything and see if that resolves the issue

two thoughts come to mind, one the touch screen isn't working in live view, two the lens isn't fully compatable. I had problems with a sigma lens, worked fine for normal shooting, switch to live view or video and it wasnt playing.

Never had a problem with the lens (24-70mm 2.8) until now.

I'll reset and see if it works

Seems that the camera doesn't want to zoom in with any of my lenses I have.

I don't know what's wrong with it

Does the magnify button work when you're looking at an image on the card? If so, then there's nothing physically wrong with the button.

Does that part of the touchscreen work with other functions? (For example, when you're using the menus, can you touch the screen right down in te lower right corner to back up one level?) If so, then there's nothing physically wrong with the touchscreen.

If you've done both those tests and there's nothing physically wrong with either control, then it's a software issue. Are you running the current firmware (version 1.1.2)? If not, try updating it.

Don't you hate it when you feel like a fool. I haven't used the camera for quite some months.
I wasn't using the correct button. :asshat:

Now to put all my settings back in :banghead:

Back