Canon 10s printing help on matt paper

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone had troubles printing to the Fotospeed matt papers?
I can print fine to the platinum Baryta but not to the matt ones. I have the up to date ICC profiles for the papers. I called Fotospeed tech guy and they reckon I needed a nozzle check so took advice and when I done a nozzle check the CO and MBK haven't printed at all? Can anyone help please or had the same experience? All the inks have been renewed again.

Assuming that the inks aren't empty it sounds like the nozzles are blocked on those two. I'd guess that the MBK only gets used rarely (probably on matt papers ;)). Sometimes the cleaning cycle (if that printer has one) will clear it but if not either get a nozzle cleaning kit or use some ammonia solution to clean the nozzles. There are videos on youtube for most printers on how to do this.

Cheers Paul, looks like the CO is invisible but the MBK is missing. Will give it a nozzle clean and see. Should they print so differently on different papers then?

I think the CO is invisible or colourless - it is the same I think as the gloss optimizer in Epson printers. I think most pigment-based printers use these. If memory serves the 10s uses two blacks (again my Epson does) one os a photo black which will be used on lustre and glossy papers the other is a matt black (MBK in yours) and this is used on matt papers (no surprise there eh?) - so if you haven't printed matt for a while and the matt black is missing then yep, it'll look awful. Each black is optimised for the media rather than have a one size fits all.

Which matt paper did you get, I've just got their signature platinum etching and it is superb! I still love the platinum baryta though (prob my fave).

That's correct, the CO is invisible, just read the canon website. I bought the signature FineArt and the Digital Matt as this is the first time I've dabbled in printing for myself.. Its been an expensive learning curb :crying:

Back