Canon 1d Mk iii acting strange

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
No
My 1d Mark iii copies the TV/AV setting over to manual mode (Shutter speed for Tv and Aperature for AV, doesn't change other value)

So when I have manual settings set and then switch to AV/TV and switch back it copies the setting AV/TV values. Same goes going from Manual it will copy the relative value to Av/Tv.

I've never noticed it doing this before, Reset the settings to no difference.

Anyone else's do this?

If I've understood you correctly then mine does the same. I'm running the latest firmware - 1.3.2.

However, my 30D, 5D2, 5D3 and 7D do not. My manual settings remain fixed and if I switch to Av mode and have a different aperture value it does not impact the manual exposure settings when I switch back again. Equally, if I change the aperture in manual mode it does not affect the aperture value set in Av mode.

My 1d Mark iii copies the TV/AV setting over to manual mode (Shutter speed for Tv and Aperature for AV, doesn't change other value)

So when I have manual settings set and then switch to AV/TV and switch back it copies the setting AV/TV values. Same goes going from Manual it will copy the relative value to Av/Tv.

I've never noticed it doing this before, Reset the settings to no difference.

Anyone else's do this?

Yep!

If I've understood you correctly then mine does the same. I'm running the latest firmware - 1.3.2.

However, my 30D, 5D2, 5D3 and 7D do not. My manual settings remain fixed and if I switch to Av mode and have a different aperture value it does not impact the manual exposure settings when I switch back again. Equally, if I change the aperture in manual mode it does not affect the aperture value set in Av mode.

Yep that's right, my 40d doesn't change any manual setting when you change modes.

Thanks folks

Back