Canon 1D mk IV

Just bought 1d mk iv without realising it's not a full frame.

Is 5d mk3 much better that now 1d mk iv or i am not missing much?

is it much better at what? at being full frame the 5d is better :) . at fps the mkIV is better and so on and so forth.. depends what your looking for in a camera... for example i wouldnt give a 5dmk3 houseroom but love the 1dmkIV .. others who have different needs will think the opposite.

so..not enough info in your question.

It's a bit of a big camera for street work but each to their own.

Did you not try one before you bought it see if it works for you? We're all different so one camera might be perfect for one photographer but terrible for another.

Last edited:
Only a 17-40 f4 from myself thats as wide as I've used. Here is a pic at 31mm not massively wide and focus on the left eye. Looks nicer on flickr

Lily by Derek Mackinnon, on Flickr

Thanks. Mainly for portrait and street.

Well... If I was in your shoes.. I would stop thinking about the 5d3 and enjoy the mkIV ..

There are lenses for it that'll give you the same angle of view as using 13-14mm on a full frame body....that'd be wide enough for most folk.

Bob

I have a MKIV and chose it over the 5diii and have used friends 5diii and over the 3 years can say I prefer the MKIV.
Many reasons of which you will come to find out about.
I now have a 1D X MK II and am not planning to get rid of the 1D MKIV either it still holds up for being a very good camera and that little extra reach at times is of benefit.

mjamil81 I work for a printers which I do help with the printing and other related sections.
However, I am the product event and anything else photographer they need and so persuaded them I needed a good all round camera.
ie; sports music venues and the odd whatever plus we don't need super high res and so my 1D MKIV has been more than adequate.
But being 7 years old I said I needed a new camera :)
I am allowed to use it for my own private use ;-) and so do when doing weddings and theatre the later being no flash and near darkness at times.
Also for my own pleasure and making no money I am now trying my hand at bif's.
So all in all as you can see I absolutely needed the 1DX MKII :)

mjamil81 I work for a printers which I do help with the printing and other related sections.
However, I am the product event and anything else photographer they need and so persuaded them I needed a good all round camera.
ie; sports music venues and the odd whatever plus we don't need super high res and so my 1D MKIV has been more than adequate.
But being 7 years old I said I needed a new camera :)
I am allowed to use it for my own private use ;-) and so do when doing weddings and theatre the later being no flash and near darkness at times.
Also for my own pleasure and making no money I am now trying my hand at bif's.
So all in all as you can see I absolutely needed the 1DX MKII :)
Lucky you. It's hard to justify a big expense if you don't make money out of it so I am going to stick with 1D IV for now :)

Back