Canon 1D mkIV shutter replacement

Name
Lee Parker
Edit My Images
Yes
So got my shutter count today when I was going to try and part-ex it against a 1DX.......apparently they're not interested.......its only done 253,000 :0o.........anyone replaced a shutter on one of these and any idea of cost?

You can get a quote from Canon Elstree.

I've heard figures of £500+VAT but no idea if that is accurate so I would be interested in hearing what you get quoted.

Give Canon's repair centre a ring on 0208 731 4132

They have menu pricing available so they should be able to give you a price over the phone. You might want to get another quote for the PX if you have the shutter replaced . May not be worthwhile.

Or sell the camera privately here - with the price reflecting the shutter count - and then put that towards your purchase..

It's still going strong at the moment, and I'm thinking that as more 1Dx mk2's arrive then prices may come down a bit?

I'll post up quotes and when/if it goes bang!

One of mine has over 300k and still feels like new. I think last time I enquired it was about £250 but that was a couple of years ago.

I sold mine on these forums with around 500k shutter.. buyer was more than happy as he understood it could go on and on...price reflected new shutter. required... and it's probably still running :)

Damn, now you've made me think I need to keep it to beat 500k activations......my mrs and bank manager will be pleased!! :(

£40.00 for the shutter - £120.00 to replace it plus VAT so some where near the £200 mark is about right, cheaper than a new camera. (This was a couple of year ago)

Back