Canon 1D X Mk II Owners Thread

Name
Robin
Edit My Images
Yes
The point is that the Olympus suits me and what I shoot very well indeed. The E-M1X body is as if Canon had designed a m4/3 version of the 1DX-2 !
.... Just to respond further to the Canon vs Olympus question : When Canon eventually release their mirrorless version of the 1DX series body as they say they will do when fully developed, it promises to be very exciting indeed. Their RF lenses are excellent. Technology never stands still.

However, I am not getting any younger nor any fitter, nor any richer! and so the Olympus roadmap suits me personally better in the longer term. This summer Olympus are releasing their 150-400mm+1.25x built-in (300-800mm+1.25x) Pro spec lens and that's a D-SLR lens killer! I might be using my monopod more if I buy one (which I hope to do!).

I'll always love my chapter with Canon as I did many years ago with Nikon SLR before digital. It's still as Ansel Adams says in my forum signature below.

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
No
Robin, you are correct, hide 15 Finland Wild Brown Bear..

I guess what I mean is, iso performance, but you’ve kind of covered that in previous posts.. I like the idea of a smaller form, but I’m too heavily invested in the Canon brand..

thanks for your kind comments regarding my photos, thanks

Name
Robin
Edit My Images
Yes
Robin, you are correct, hide 15 Finland Wild Brown Bear..
.... Aha, I wondered if that may be the case when I spotted your Brown Bear shots on your website. I don't remember the different hide numbers I used but am going there again in September and this time will be shooting my Olympus.

I guess what I mean is, iso performance, but you’ve kind of covered that in previous posts.. I like the idea of a smaller form, but I’m too heavily invested in the Canon brand..
.... As it very clearly works well for you, why mend it? Just see what the future brings for you.

Happy Hunting!

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks for the detailed reply Robin, makes a lot of sense.

Edit My Images
No
Hi. Does anybody have a spare yellow cover for a Canon 1DX2 battery please? I would pay - can't find one on line. FIngers crossed.

I found one at WEX Birmingham a week ago. Yay!

Last edited:
Edit My Images
No
Firmware question: I had an email identifying firmware upgrades for my Canon cameras. I hadn't realised there had been so many and I find myself way off the current one. Will it be ok to just download this one - I spotted something about the AF firing in a previous one that I had noticed but had assumed was my error. Will it pick all these up as a complete reboot?

Name
Glen
Edit My Images
No
Thought the value of the 1DX MKII might of held up with the price of the 1DX MKIII being fairly high but £2400 valuation offer from WEX (Before the Virus was a problem) on a 42k click camera.

Think its going to just hold the door open for a year!!!

Edit My Images
No
Well the upgrade worked fine for the 1dx2. Canon replied really quickly to my questions on their Facebook page too and were very helpful.

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
Thought the value of the 1DX MKII might of held up with the price of the 1DX MKIII being fairly high but £2400 valuation offer from WEX (Before the Virus was a problem) on a 42k click camera.

Think its going to just hold the door open for a year!!!
I’m not surprised at the sharp drop in 1 DX II values, after all by comparison to the new MK III, it has hardly any functionality at all and £4K seems little enough for all those added features...... or, on the other hand my DXII seems to be just as fantastic as it was when I bought it.

For professional users who have clocked up 4 years hard use and are chasing 400k clicks, then it’s just an ROI business decision, but for the rest of us, lottery winners excepted, a more reasoned decision will be necessary.

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Anybody know the cost of replacing the rear lcd panel (Small bottom one) I cracked mine this morning which I'm very annoyed about :mad:
I think it's only a plastic cover and not the actual LCD so might not be too expensive

OP
George

George

Chasseur Haggis extraordinaire
Edit My Images
Yes
I've only had my large screen replaced, it was about £200 from memory, can check but probably little point unless someone's really interested.

OOPS just checked, it was £300......

Last edited: