Canon 1ds Mark II

200,000 (minimum)

It is a good price, and generally they are built to last, I've had mine for over 3 years, and it's still going strong.

If you get it have it serviced.:)

I think it costs around £150 (inc Postage) to have a full MOT, and they will generally put right any minor problems i.e I had a slightly sticky 'wheel' (probably from spilling coffee over it) on the camera which they replaced within the service price.

I think it costs around £150 (inc Postage) to have a full MOT, and they will generally put right any minor problems i.e I had a slightly sticky 'wheel' (probably from spilling coffee over it) on the camera which they replaced within the service price.
Sounds like I got a good deal when CPS did my 1dmk2, check and adjust focus
and general service £89.30 inc return postage.:)

Neil.

Do it.

It makes sense.

:D

Sounds like I got a good deal when CPS did my 1dmk2, check and adjust focus
and general service £89.30 inc return postage.:)

Of course I got the deluxe service-body polished on the thighs of 3 dusky handmaidens, shutter sent to NASA for atomic calibrating, finished camera field tested by Joe Cornish and gift wrapped in Harrods finest paper-well so they told me ;)

Funny - How I'd thought you would say that - Appointment tomorrow :)

Does the seller still have both his hands Neil, or have you taken one off in your anxiety to seal the deal?! Good one - but can I just point out that I'm greener than Ven now?!!! :sulk:

Of course I got the deluxe service-body polished on the thighs of 3 dusky handmaidens, shutter sent to NASA for atomic calibrating, finished camera field tested by Joe Cornish and gift wrapped in Harrods finest paper-well so they told me ;)

I reckon it would cost far more than £150 to get Mr Cornish behind the wheel of a D anything. :LOL:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:woot: :woot: :woot:

Well its morning, did you manage to change the appointment, did you go, and have you now got a new toy in your hand????

Any of the 1D or 1Ds series (except the Mark 3 range) can have their actuation count checked using a piece of software like Cancount. But beware, this figure can be changed very easily.
The only way to be sure of the recorded actuations is to have Canon check, kinda difficult on a used purchase you haven't actually bought yet!

x0D and xD cannot be read by software.

For the 1D series, really take the actuation count with a pinch of salt unless you know and trust the seller. In checking a 1D2N on ebay for a friend, it had a reported 12K actuations but the body looked like it had survived a bad day in Beiruit! Caveat emptor!

Neil - take a lappy and try this useful link - looks simple enough to operate....... hopefully..... and all you need is a recent raw file (y)

That's fine as long as the actuation count hasn't been tampered with.

True, but elaborate. In the absence of any other ideas a quick and simple approach and any vendor should be relaxed about participating - alternatively Neil could just hope for the best :bang:

Its an elaborate plot for a vendor providing home address details to pursue.

I was not suggesting you elaborate further as its hardly helpful, to Neil, to encourage reiteration (as riveting as that may be)

Cheers Jon and Alistair - Guess what! Work far to chaotic today to get out early - Doh.
Hoping I can now squeeze it in tomorrow lunchtime !

What?? Work took priority over buying a 1D?? Wash your mouth out young man! :LOL:

Fingers crossed for today mate (y)

Welsh victory? now that is hijacking a thread :LOL::LOL: how do you think we are feeling north of the border?? my son is in Ireland and we are going to Italy for the wooden spoon decider...:clap::clap: any way all the best, I'll have my t shirt on that says " I only support 2 teams, Scotland and any team playing England!!!!:clap::clap::LOL::LOL:

Can I hijack my own thread :)

I seem to recall having a very similar T-Shirt :)
Must go, off to watch 100 best welsh tries and a bottle of Red :)

I'm off to the Millenium Stadium tomorrow, so can't wait.
Looking forward to the Ireland Scotland game as well, getting ready then for my bi-yearly trip to Dubbers for the Croke Park visit !

Never been to Croke park, love to go, always enjoy the matches in Dublin....I am currently investigating the inside of a very good Argentinian Malbec, a wine I would recommend to any lovers of red!!!!

A' the best against the auld enemy........

PS hope I don't get banned for racist remarks:thinking::thinking:

Yes, Jenkins conversion gave the championship to Scotland that year if I remember correctly!!!!

Back