Canon 1Ds mk4

the mk.iv was one of the best cameras I ever owned .. over the years I owned 4 different mk 3's but the mk.iv is better . I would have one again if they were lighter

I think he has added the s as a typo ?

no "s", dunno where that came from.

while I'm at it, why does it have two different slots for storage cards? what is that advantage of that, and why the different battery type? I had a battery grip on a previous body that took two standard batteries and always assumed that the shape of this meant that it too took two batteries, but no!

The batteries are the high capacity 1D type.

Dual card slots means you can record different file formats/sizes to different cards, record the same to either card as a backup, or switch to the 2nd after the first is full. I use the first option.

The 1D4 is an x1.3 crop factor camera.

Great camera…

If I was to buy again and try to get something back off of my mistake it would be the original 1dx and not anything newer / more expensive. I've only really plumped for this one because I really wanted a new mirrorless one but am reluctant to go for the R6 because I can't find any proof that it's not the equivalent to the 6D which was totally unsuitable for my sporting needs.

Most of the better cameras have dual card slots for the reasons given by Andrew. Wedding photographers eg tend to say it is a must in case one card fails. Less of an issue for humble amateurs unless they are photographing something important. The battery lasts for ages.

Just enjoy.

If I was to buy again and try to get something back off of my mistake it would be the original 1dx and not anything newer / more expensive. I've only really plumped for this one because I really wanted a new mirrorless one but am reluctant to go for the R6 because I can't find any proof that it's not the equivalent to the 6D which was totally unsuitable for my sporting needs.
You will find the 1Dmkiv more than adequate for your needs if it can catch kingfishers in flight it’s more than fast enough for you , do take your time to learn it and look up and learn how to use the ring of fire focus

Back