Canon 1DX from SlrHut?

Name
Patrick
Edit My Images
Yes
Who on here has bought a 1DX or anything of the same value/price fro SLR Hut? I'm tempted but I just want to make sure since I'll be paying cash for it.
And what about warranties?
A friend of mine bought a 1D from a hongkong shop and Canon still accepted it when they did a recall for a fix...

Not at that level, but a friend bought a 100d from them, item was fine, but their upselling was disgraceful... they phoned him after he ordered and said he's need a battery and a card as he couldn't use it.
I pointed out to him that it said it included a battery and they'd just charged him another £40 for nothing.
He called them immediately and they said too late, its already shipped (from the states).
to then give them a little credit they send him an oem canon bag for free instead of processing a refund for the now spare battery.

On that basis, I'd pay a little more and go to DR, as I've used them a few times with success. (IMO of course)

Eta, as for warranties, its a grey US import, so they might offer their own warranty, but typically it wouldnt be covered by Canon.

Last edited:
Got my 1dx from Hdew great service and price, sure there have been some horror stories on here about slrhut.

Panamoz don't sell the 1DX do they ?

It might not be listed on their website but an email to them might, or might not, be fruitful...

The 1DX apart, the generalised advice re SLRHut v Panamoz stands.

I've bought a 70D and a 5D3 from them as well as a couple of lenses. I've had no problems other than the upwelling as mentioned. I just wail them straight back and say I'm not interested in anything and just post the item. I'll definitely use them again.

I Have just ordered a £1200 lens from SLR Hut.....

I have used HDEW in the past for my Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM macro & had no issues aside from them trying to up-sell.
I have now yesterday ordered from SLR Hut the TS-E 24mm f/3.5L MKII & yes they phoned back with the excuse as did HDEW regards just checking details & oh by the way do you need etc...
I kindly declined & they didn't push at all save for the initial asking.

One thing I will say in SLR's favour, I ordered at 1pm Friday 13th March & by 4.14pm same day they phoned & I missed the call.
I went online as they then sent an email asking to get in touch to ensure effiecent delivery yada yada..
So they were shut until Sunday afternoon so I went online (as mentioned) & noticed the price had gone up by £50.
So I thought that was the issue they wanted to ask about.
Turns out nope, just an excuse to try the up sell, which as already detailed no real problem.
So I then mentioned the extra £50 & if this would be added to my bill, no it wasn't came the answer.

So assuming they deliver by next Tuesday 24th March as promised & no duties added as promised I'll be a happy bunny & will let you know on this thread the out come.

I have done loads of checking the various grey importers, Panamoz included & most are honest regards the cost etc.
Just to point out Panamoz was £18 cheaper if I was to use their Bank Transfer method of which I'm sure would've been fine.
But using that method they wouldn't accept PayPal of course & I have four months interest free on purchases over £150 with PayPal.
Meaning though Panamoz do take PayPal, but the price shot up to £1245 so £45 dearer. ( I paid £1,199.99 inc p+p )

Anyhoo I shall let people know the out come asap....

you should get lens within a few days with slrhut, as long as they had stock
got my a77ii from them for a bargin price :D

I recently bought a 70 200 f2.8L IS II and had great service once again. They aren't always the cheapest though, but if they are I'd use them without a second thought. In fact I've spent over £3k with them in the last 2 months.

My Lens (TS-E 24mm f/3.5L MKII) arrived in UK Midlands airport on Tuesday 17th, (ordered Friday 13th).
Down to Southampton DHL by Wednesday & to me by Thursday, except DHL texted to advise of delivery that day & was this okay or redeliver/redirect.
So I redirected to my work place for next day (today) & it has arrived checked & working okay & no extra charges.

One thing to note SLR Hut say they post without signature required but DHL do there own signature requirement anyway at no extra cost...
So I'm off to take some piccys....

Back