Canon 1dx Mk11 battery.

Name
Gordon
Edit My Images
Yes
I am aware that the LP-E4 and E4N can be used in the 1DX Mkii albeit without the charge level indication however I am reading conflicting tales on whether the LP-E4 batteries will charge on the 1DX mk11 charger. If not they are of no use to me. I need a spare battery but would prefer not to pay 1DX mkii prices. Does anyone have a definite answer?

Part 2 of this question. I am going to Alaska in a weeks time for 10 days to photograph eagles. I am told the weather will be around freezing. I have 2 genuine batteries for the IDX mkii but assume the capacity of them will be greatly reduced in the cold, which is why I am thinking I will need a spare (3rd) battery). I am guessing I could shoot up to 1000 shots a day. Has anyone had experience of the camera in cold conditions and can advise me whether I need the extra battery or indeed if I will need even more batteries?

The LP-E4/4N's charge fine on the 1Dx2's LC-E19 charger.....it's the only charger that I use for my 1DX2's, 1D4 and 1Ds3.

As far as temperature degradation.....I didn't notice any big reduction in capacity last winter although there may have been some.

Bob

Back