Canon 1dx mkII

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
Well the rumours are.. announcment by end of yr.

I have always had/needed two ... had two mk2, two mk3, two mk4 and two 1dx.. i was in the que when the last ones where announced... I cant see anyhting in the rumoured spec that would make me want a 1dxmkII ... The biggest thing for me has always been the better iso capabilities.. worth the upgrade just for that in my type of work... but no mention..

anyone else underwhelmed or excited by the 1dx mkII ?

Been keeping me eye on the rumours and so far its uninspiring... 4k video for a feature I never use (might do if it auto focused but useless for me otherwise) ... more focus points... oh hum...15 fps isnt going to be a major change ..just means more frames shot.. 24megpixels.. hmm more crop but to be honest this is the only interesting thing as it would in effect give more reach.. I don't think thousands of pounds worth though ..

For the first time ever working up from 10d through the 1d range to 1dx and putting myself on waiting lists and being excited about the next camera...i am really not bothered by a 1dx mkII at the moment... Got to be something major announced with better iso to get me interested i think..

New 1DX now £3995 in the UK

New 1DX now £3995 in the UK

Taken a long time to come down in price..Had mine bought new when first released for about 5k f..when? ..3 and a half yrs ago is it? I bought my second one used cheaper than that haha :)

The crazy thing is that a grey 1dx is about 3k. £1000 for VAT? I think not.

The crazy thing is that a grey 1dx is about 3k. £1000 for VAT? I think not.

I am not against grey imports. but not camera bodies... lens yes as warranty covered by canon UK but not with bodies :(

I am not against grey imports. but not camera bodies... lens yes as warranty covered by canon UK but not with bodies :(

I just meant the 'reduced' UK price is high... even when you add VAT. It really should be around the 3.5k mark in the UK.

seen them 2.7k on grey import seriously tempting at that price point

Thankfully I have had a 1d MK 4 since 20010 & did not see a massive advantage in getting the 1dx plus back when it first came out the cost was silly.
Meaning even with a jump to only a 24mp sensor I am looking forward to the 1dx MK ii as I also get to full frame, yeh...

I am seeing quite a few on the eBay starting under £800.
I won't list them all so if you're after a bargain it would seem the season has started.

Cant see anything but rumours on the mkII yet and if anything like the original 1dx it was about 2 yrs from rumous to shop ..

Judging by the ridiculous 3million ISO Nikon have put in the D5 I'd expect something similar or even better in the 1DXII so you may have to save up for your upgrade after all Kipax.

Hi Kipax, I have read this, "A very solid source let us know that the EOS-1D X Mark II will be in our hands no later than April 2016, but that Canon has yet to finalize an announcement date. So there’s no need to worry that this is going to be a Photokina 2016 product."
On the http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-eos-1d-x-mark-ii-availability-in-2016-cr2/ website.
Here's hoping...

On another note I was hoping it would be nearer 30mp plus good as possible iso low noise, other than that I was happy with the existing fps etc, I certainly am not bothered about video.

Blimey UKmitch86 that listing has already been removed, clearly people are as eagle eyed as you & I.
I was hoping the joke might run a little longer but you were really quick off the mark... :)

All these other websites seem to be getting there info from canon runours. and all they have is april 2016 release.. theer isnt even an official spec list.. cant see a releas in april when they havent got a spec list.. i ahve seen lists but its still rumours..

would be amazed if available to buy in just over 2 months time ?

Hmm sad to say I have to agree Kipax, hopefully being rumours the 22mp sensor will be higher.

Hmm... just found this,

Canon 1D X Mark II Release Date Scheduled for April 2016, Price $5,999

http://www.dailycameranews.com/tag/canon-eos-1dx/

So likely to be $ for £ ie £6k :mad:

And only a 22mp sensor, how crap is that? :(
If, and it's a big if, it's 22mp that's impressive imo given what the frame rate is likely to be. Nikon D5 is 20.9MP 12fps with AF, but allows up to a whopping 200 frames 14 bit RAW in one go with the XQD cards. Increasing MP is either going to slow FPS and or number of shots. 20-24MP is more than enough, plus increasing MP increases noise. If you want a product camera there's the 50MP 5DSR. Canon have a bit of a job on their hands though as the D5 is one impressive camera, especially the new AF system. and we all know how Canon are lagging behind in sensor tech. So either Canon need to come out with a new all singing all dancing sensor with improved DR and noise, or they need at least beat the Nikon on the AF and FPS spec sheet imo. I can't see Canon releasing anything until they're confident they can at least match the D5, but I can't help but feel they may beat it (with a question mark over the sensor).

If, and it's a big if, it's 22mp that's impressive imo given what the frame rate is likely to be. Nikon D5 is 20.9MP 12fps with AF, but allows up to a whopping 200 frames 14 bit RAW in one go with the XQD cards. Increasing MP is either going to slow FPS and or number of shots. 20-24MP is more than enough, plus increasing MP increases noise. If you want a product camera there's the 50MP 5DSR. Canon have a bit of a job on their hands though as the D5 is one impressive camera, especially the new AF system. and we all know how Canon are lagging behind in sensor tech. So either Canon need to come out with a new all singing all dancing sensor with improved DR and noise, or they need at least beat the Nikon on the AF and FPS spec sheet imo. I can't see Canon releasing anything until they're confident they can at least match the D5, but I can't help but feel they may beat it (with a question mark over the sensor).

D5 can also do 14fps with M-UP.

Can't disagree with you snerkler, I'm just being hopeful & greedy with the extra mp's
For me if the mp's were nearer 24mp to 30mp and the fps dropped to say 10fps but with low noise that for me would be great.
I really can't see how often 200 raw frames would be needed in a burst but I'm sure there are others wanting that.

19820 meg. 12-14FPS. improved dynamic range and better noise control. Few other fancy bits and bobs to make it look as though youre getting much more for your money. That'll be fine for me.

Hopefully if and when it does appear it will have a knock on effect bringing down the prices of used 1DX and 1D4 bodies

But gone way back up since then

I've been waiting many months for the arrival of a 1Dxii and it seems that everything has gone quiet since April. Even this thread hasn't moved-on for seven months! Am I missing something? :confused:

Back