canon 1dx shutter counter

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
now I know what happens when you get to 1 million.. it just stops :)

rest of the time its shows < #####

now it just shows exactly 1000000 all the time

for clarity.. had it since new around march 2012 then? ..anyway over 5 years and as a sports photogrpaher working full time doing an average 35 jobs a month then you can see how the count racks up

still working great.. had the shutter replaced at 500 thousand but only as a matter of caution..

for clarity.. had it since new around march 2012 then? ..anyway over 5 years and as a sports photogrpaher working full time doing an average 35 jobs a month then you can see how the count racks up

still working great.. had the shutter replaced at 500 thousand but only as a matter of caution..

Sounds similar to Trigger's brush.:canon:

Reactions: Nod
Great stuff. Shame you had the shutter replaced half way though.

One of my friends had a shutter failure on his Canon 50D earlier this year. But it had taken *849,000* photos with the original shutter, so he wasn't complaining.

A photographer told me he was averaging 2400 shots a day for about 8 years with a 1d mk3 on the original shutter.

I have one and I don't know how many it has done but I have no fear of it failing with normal non pro use on weekends.

because i have a spare I am letting them run now.. the other one is about 600 k ... but the 1mil I wont know now...

So what you’re saying is don’t be afraid of having high shutter counts on 1dx bodies.

Just about to get one and this immediately puts my mind at rest about picking one up with 100k+

There’s a new firmware just released that allows the displayed shutter count to go up to almost 10 million!

Sorry didn't see this.. juts updating from 2.03 to 2.1 0 now .....I hate updating until the update finishes.. ...

Worked a treat now not stuck on 1mil ... 1022000 1 mil 22 thousand ...got the shutter replaced around 500 thousand so 522000 and counting :) although the other 1dx is 546000 and counting

Last edited:
oooooooer...

just going to update my second 1dx and its got two uptions.. update camera or update lens firmware ? has a 24-70 mkii on it.. i never knew lens had firmware ?

Interestingly 18 people recorded on the olegkikin website that their d800 is still going at over 1 million shutter count.

oooooooer...

just going to update my second 1dx and its got two uptions.. update camera or update lens firmware ? has a 24-70 mkii on it.. i never knew lens had firmware ?
There was a thread on that some time ago.

Lucky you. One of mine failed at 140k. Both now way past 200k. Hopefully I'll be on using mk2s before they get to 300k.

So what you’re saying is don’t be afraid of having high shutter counts on 1dx bodies.

Just about to get one and this immediately puts my mind at rest about picking one up with 100k+

Still have to watch out for worn out buttons, dust in the viewfinders etc

you have probably jinxed yourself now,and it will blow at your next game lol

apart from that, its some mileage ....

I ahve had shutters go on me in the past .....had a 10d then a 1dmkII then two of each up to present wih 2 1dx and one 1dx mkII

Plus one false alarm

Went to take a pic one day.. clicked the shutter... there was a looong pause then it clicked..... thats what its like when a shutter goes... i was getting a bit upset until i realised i had somehow put the camera on timer :)

Still have to watch out for worn out buttons, dust in the viewfinders etc

Just picked one up with 215k on it. Buttons all fine, but a few larger specs of dust in the viewfinder.

Will send it for a service and clean in the coming weeks. But on the whole it seems fine and no dust on the sensor from what I can see on the test images.

Just picked one up with 215k on it. Buttons all fine, but a few larger specs of dust in the viewfinder.

Will send it for a service and clean in the coming weeks. But on the whole it seems fine and no dust on the sensor from what I can see on the test images.

You'll be fine, these cameras are built to be used properly. Never seen the point of spending that amount of money & being afraid to rack up the clicks. Why save it for somebody else?

How much did it cost for the replacement?

Thanks

John

I thought that was more like what it would cost these days.
To be fair they had to diagnose what the problem was - it was Err 20 if I remember correctly - which could be the mirror assembly or a blown shutter

To be fair they had to diagnose what the problem was - it was Err 20 if I remember correctly - which could be the mirror assembly or a blown shutter

Ah yes that makes sense. The other guy just ordered them to change the shutter while it was still fully working so they did that and that only.

Back