Canon 1dx v1 + zoom lens

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
No
Hi I have at the moment a 1dx v1 and I 100-400ii and sometimes use a 1.4 extender on it but obviously it pushes the aperture to f8 and not all Rico’s point either , so I’m thinking would a sigma 150-600 contemporary or a tamron 150-600 g2 be any better for that extra reach and have all focus points and f6.3 instead of f8 . Any input is welcome . Thanks

I had the sigma 150-600 sports version on my 1DX and it was fantastic, its a great lens for the money. So is the contemporary.

I have just bought a 1D mark 3 and am using with the Sigma 150 600C and have been impressed so far. can use the teleconverter as well which is bonus. I think having read some reviews that the sport and C type are very close on image quality black fox had the sport for a while with the 1d3 and VI versions so will able to give real life feedback. Both Sigma and Tamron have as you are probably aware have docks for fine tuning the lens

Last edited:
Yep I have had both S and C versions .... the C is the better choice unless you need weather sealing nothing in it I.q wise ....I did however find that the kenko 1.4 HD tc was better with the canon than the sigma one

I too have the 1dx and 100-400ii and can honestly say it's the sharpest lens I've ever owned.

Unless you really need the extra half stop or extra focus points, then the sigma (as good as it is) is a backwards step as far as IQ is concerned.

IMHO obviously!

Mike

Yep, I have the 100-400 II and it works very well with the 1DX, huge change from the Mk 1 version.

I too have the 1dx and 100-400ii and can honestly say it's the sharpest lens I've ever owned.

Unless you really need the extra half stop or extra focus points, then the sigma (as good as it is) is a backwards step as far as IQ is concerned.

IMHO obviously!

Mike

thanks Mike , do you have any photos on flickr ?

Back