Canon 24-70 F2.8L

Edit My Images
No
I have the offer of a 5 year old canon 24-70 F2.8L for around £300. The lens was serviced by canon last year and is in very good condition. My queston is will the lens be ok to use with 40D or should I look to replace my current lens (faulty) 17-85 F4.5. I shoot a lot of Morris dancing and I am a little concerned i will lose out with the not so wide 24-70. Any help is appreciated

it's a friend who is selling hence the price, most of you are full frame users and my concern with the 40D is I will lose the out on the wide angle hence thinking about the 17-85 F4.5. I have done weddings in the past, all with kit lenses and never had any issues and may return to the wedding scene.

That lens wont be wide enough on a 40d but at that price you'll be a fool not to snap it up. Buy a second hand 5d for 500 or so to pair it up with and you'll be laughing.

these sell for £800 so buy it and try .you will make a profit at the very least so nothing to loose

Buy it, try it and then if you don't like it sell it for twice the price.

No doubt you will be minus one friend but hey ... you could buy another one with the profit. :LOL:

or ....

I have a very nice mint boxed 17-55mm f2.8 I would trade for it ;)

That to me would be the ideal trade and a much better lens for a crop.

Not really. 24-70 and 12-24 is an ideal combo on aps-c and you would need to do a lot of convincing to prove otherwise

Not really. 24-70 and 12-24 is an ideal combo on aps-c and you would need to do a lot of convincing to prove otherwise

No its not :razz:

Seriously, you may like that combo but that doesnt mean everyone will.
This is the first time ive actually read that this combo, over something like the much touted 17-55 and 70-200 f/4 combo is better.

I would never, ever want to use a 12-14mm on a crop, i don't even like using 24mm on FF, so there you go, at least one person who differers :)

Last edited:
Back