Canon 24-70 it is then, no more sales of the Tamron?

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Got this Email from Panomoz regarding the Tamron 24-70 f/2.8, I asked when they would have it back in stock.

Dear Paul,

Sorry for the delay. Unfortunately we're not selling this lens anymore because it has too many defects and we have received too many returns.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,
Tina
Customer Support
Panamoz.com

I know people say Tamron's quality control can be a bit iffy sometimes and it can take a while to get a decent lens, but I didn't think people would stop selling it all together.

Do you think other companies will start doing the same? Where else would be a good place to look for one and have a good reputation for returns if I get a "bad" copy? If not it looks like I'll have to stretch my budget a bit more for the Canon 24-70 f/2.8.

Cheers!

PS: no I'm not trying to start a "grey vs genuine" UK stock thread.

Sorry can't help but can say the 24-70 MKII is fab ...
it is indeed (y) I was using it with my sister's 6D. My budget just wasn't allowing for it is all, but I'll just save up for a bit longer now. I just found it strange for them to suddenly stop selling the Tamron.

I was going to buy one as soon as it came back into stock because I was pretty impressed with it for the price. I could order it from elsewhere, but I had a big list of things from Panomoz so I was going to wait till it was in stock again. Obviously won't be now lol.

Back