Canon 24-70mm L f4 IS

Name
Darren Russell
Edit My Images
Yes
Any good? Thinking of adding to covering my short range stuff. To go on a 1dx mk2

Then I’ll have the 70-200mm and 400mm f4 DO. To go with it.

Last edited:
I do quite a bit of landscape and it's a great lens

I do all my shooting beyond f4 anyway

not big or heavy

IS

Macro for when the mood takes you

love it

Dave

I do quite a bit of landscape and it's a great lens

I do all my shooting beyond f4 anyway

not big or heavy

IS

Macro for when the mood takes you

love it

Dave

Cool yeah I don’t think i am about it being an F4 as like you most things are above that.

But I thinking of adding a 50mm f1.8 stm at some point. But I need weather sealed lenses most of the time, due to being out in all weathers .

what about the 16-35 f4
it costs a bit more but has rave reviews. sharper than the 2.8 corner to corner.
if you are using a 1.3 crop body then the 24-70 ends up being 32-93, the 16-35 would be 22-47 ish

1dx is full frame.

sorry about lol
ive been to the gym and steam room. my eyes are not working or my brain...I thought I read 1d mkiin?????

ive got the 24-70 f4 but just purchased the 16-35...waiting for it to arrive. its got unbelievable reviews.

sorry about lol
ive been to the gym and steam room. my eyes are not working or my brain...I thought I read 1d mkiin?????

oh I had one of them.

iv'e never given the 24 - 70 F4 L any thought because of the 24 - 105 F4 L which covers the same and more
what i would consider a better option is the 24 - 70 F2.8 L which i do own and quite like

it always seems a good idea on paper to have lenses that cover the focal lengths such as the 24 -70 and a 70 - 200 etc but sometimes the 24 - 70 isn't quite enough and the 70 - 200 is a bit of an overkill, this is where lenses like thew 24 - 105 come into their own

for a small fixed prime i really do like the 40mm f2.8 stm pancake lens

I was considering the 24-105 but it’s outside of price range right now. The 70-200 tbh doesn’t get used much as the 70mm isn’t short enough and the 200mm isn’t long enough with out at least the 1.4tc fitted.

Another reason why I thinking the 24-70. The 2.8 is again outside my price range, when you think my primary use lens will the 400mm F4 DO

My son has the F4 version I have the 2.8, the F4 feels a lot lighter, I'd have his in a shot just because of the IS.

sorry about lol
Still needs an EF lens.

My son has the F4 version I have the 2.8, the F4 feels a lot lighter, I'd have his in a shot just because of the IS.

Cool thanks for the reply!

ive got the 24-70 f4 but just purchased the 16-35...waiting for it to arrive. its got unbelievable reviews.

You will be happy - it's a cracker! Best lens for it's price that Canon make IMO. Almost (but not quite) as good as my 24-70 F2.8 L Mk2.

Well used to 24-70 this weekend for the first and pretty impressed with it, idea for the paddock work.

_G0I0021 by Darren Russell, on Flickr

Back