Canon 28-135mm IS USM

S

Ste1976

ok not had this lens long and not really had chance yet to give it a good test tried it stopped down to F8 and it seems pretty sharp from what i gather, so im wondering whats people opinion of this lens.

Yeah it's a good lens for the price, I used to have one.

For £200 it has great range and quality, plus IS which is a bonus.

Im going to do some test shots in the garden with it in a min see how they turn out.

I treated my missus to one of these as a walkabout on her 30D...does the job well.

As long as she believes that a USM gold ring implies a better standard than an L red ring then matrimonial harmony will continue.

Bob

Wish my women was into photography, she just thinks im a geek lol.

Is this lens a good walk about lens, looking for another lens for my 400D currently have the standard 18-55mm and a sigma 70-300mm just thought the 28-135IS would be good to have on whilst about for the odd portrait of my mates whilst out and possible some panning if i go out to somewhere like brands hatch or something.

It's not a bad walkabout lens but I think you'll find it a little short for Brands Hatch.

Bob

I have the sigma also for brands just thought the 28-135 maybe good for when on druids bend and am close to the cars and not needing the 70-300.
Just thought it might be good for when out and about instead of the kit lens.

I have had the 28-135 for quite a few years now. I first used it on my film camera bodies and then on the digital.

It is a very capable lens and the IS is good, no complaints with IQ.

The only thing that I will say is that on the digital it is not really wide enough for a walkabout lens. This is the reason I subsequently bought the 17-85. I have not parted with the 28-135 though as it is still an excellent lens.

Anyone got any bad points about the lens that i should be looking at before i consider buying?

Anyone got any bad points about the lens that i should be looking at before i consider buying?

i have had the 28-135mm is for a while now and found it to be an ideal walkaround lens ,i have mine up for sale and be sorry to see it go.

i have had the 28-135mm is for a while now and found it to be an ideal walkaround lens ,i have mine up for sale and be sorry to see it go.

Can i ask why your selling the lens?

Oh right how much you selling that lens for? Good luck selling up.

canon EF 28-135MM F3.5-5.6 IS USM does this lens fit the canon 400d im sure the lens mount on the 400d is ef and ef-s ?.

yes, a 400d will take both ef and ef-s lenses

Will it fit the 400D if the lens has a 72mm fitment and the 400D is a 58mm fitment?

Back