Canon 30D selecting images

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, I hope this is the right place to put this post, if not apologies!

I have a Canon 30D, (my new baby! I love it!) I had my first big product shooting session yesterday. I shot over 400 photos of products, around 4 of each.

Is there a way of selecting your best ones when you take them, before ripping them from the disk and importing into Lightroom?

Thanks in advance!

DO NOT use the screen to determine the best images. Fine using the histogram to get the right exposures but deleting images based on the screen and you are likely to throw away many keepers and keep many duds. Only delete ones you know you cannot use.

The screens on DSLRs are not suitable for previewing images.

I second EOS' warning! The cam's screen is suitable for settings, histograms, and general composition. It is UNsuitable for judging focus, fine detail, light, and colors, so it is UNsuitable to triage keepers from trashers. You need a large screen for that. A laptop's or bigger.

I'd go with the others, I have a 30D and while the screen is fine for quick inspection of shots for exposure purposes, no way would I trust something that small to give me an accurate idea of quality.

Surely what you are talking about is what Lightroom is for...

Yes but ignoring the "my software is better than your software" pointless discussion, the guy said he wanted to reduce the number of photos he imported into Lightroom... so presumably he has lightroom...

BTW Justin... 400 pics from a single shoot? Were you only there for a little while? I normally come back from a day out doing motorsport with ~1000! Lightroom works just fine... you just need to work out a workflow that works for you. I can normally get my pick from that sort of number in maybe 3 hours.

OK thanks for your help all,

I pretty much thought that you'd say stuff along those lines. Just wondered if highlighting an image was suitable!

Lightroom id great for my needs.

I now 400 isn't a lot, just getting into it! One day I'll fill my 4GB CF!!!!:eek:

Thakns for all the help

Back