Canon 30D

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
I was thinking about buying a 40D but is it worth saving £150 and going for the 30D? Has anyone owned both? Thanks :)

Well I've got the 50D & the 30D and other than the bigger LCD on the 50D the results look the same when printed :D

Less megapixels and I find the sensor gets dirty real quick, I'm hoping the sensor cleaning will make a bit of a difference when I get the 50D but not expecting miracles :)

The bigger screen on the 40D is also really nice and it has live view, which may or may not be useful for you.

Fantastic cameras that will produce professional quality images. If you have good glass, there's little to choose between the two in terms of Image Quality. In terms of the bells and whistles of the new model? Only you can decide...

I have a 30D and good friend has the 40D. I prefer the 30D - sits easier in my hand; cheaper, produces great pictures. The 40D, though younger than my 30D, is a bit broken now - shutter release doesn't always release and the AF doesn't always either. 30D just keeps on keeping on.

B.

I have a 30D and good friend has the 40D. I prefer the 30D - sits easier in my hand; cheaper, produces great pictures. The 40D, though younger than my 30D, is a bit broken now - shutter release doesn't always release and the AF doesn't always either. 30D just keeps on keeping on.

B.

Got to echo that sentiment, my 30d just keeps on trucking, I thought it had died after a soaking 18 months ago, but it came back to life. The back of the camera seems less crammed with a smaller screen as well. When I upgrade I'll be going down a 1d route I think.

I would only buy 30d if it was very cheap. It is harder to sell 30d than 40d I assume and you will have to sell it eventually to upgrade as the sensors are still getting better. Pitty they cant be interchanged :)

I've got both options and there's little to choose between them when looking at the final output. The 40D has a few extra features if you need them but if you can't get good shots with a 30D then a 40D isn't going to help you.

Bob

Back