Canon 350D battery grip- is this terminal or could it be fixed?!

Name
Rach
Edit My Images
No
:(

I was at a horse show on Saturday and whilst in the ring was taking headshots, my grip wouldn't focus- it was like it was turned off :crying:

I turned off my camera and tried again and it worked fine, but the same thing happened later on in the day. Due to this I missed a couple of shots that were important as they were due to be sold to competitors :bang: Not good!!

So does anybody know of this happening before? Can it be fixed? The pro who I was working for said it's to do with something in the grip wearing away, but does anyone know if I can fix it??? :help:

Have had a similar problem in past with a duff battery and if I remember right, using a grip if your only using 1 battery it has to go in the first slot, so if your using 2 batteries, did you try swopping there positions, in case the "first" battery is a duff ?

Is it a genuine grip of aftermarket one :shrug:

I tried different batteries, didn't make any difference as it still happened with a completely different set :( It's a genuine grip, I bought it 2nd hand about 2 years ago but it had hardly been used.

Have you tried using the batteries directly in the camera body, rather than via the grip, to ensure it's not a battery issue :shrug:

If you can definately narrow it down to the grip, might be worth phoning a camera repair centre to see if they can offer any advice / rough estimate on repair cost if poss.

Hope you get it sorted (y)

Back