canon 400d £350 new

I tried to look at the cash back page but it couldn't be found :shrug:

quite a deal. better than the refurbished d70s from tecno,

which i personally ordered but ended up canceling after 3 weeks of being permanitly on back order.

anyway word of warning. yes it is from tescos but at this price im not sure if its a misprice and not 100% sure if it will be honored.

Note the 97 pence, that's often a sign that it's a special of some kind. 99p for normal stuff 98,97,96 for stuff that's either on special or discontinued or whatever. I seem to remember someone who worked in Currys mentioning (quite some time ago) that that's the way they do it anyway.

I've ordered one. Might as well for that price - can sell the kit lens and make another £50 back too.

Sue can use that as her main and we'll either keep the 350d as a backup body (probably best now) or sell it (and not get much for it).

I think I need to cut my credit card in half. But then I'll still be able to read the numbers to use on the web :(

Arrgh!

I am going to cut them up and put them in bins between here and work so he cant find them :) but thank you, will be nice to see the photos on a bigger screen.

Now anyone want to pay silly price (expensive ;)) for teh 350d and kit lens.

You're sure on a mission to spend at the moment Mr C :):):)

I know, I am trying to stop it, but not working at the moment, must stop, must stop.

Yeah it really looked like you were stopping me when you hugged and kissed me and said awww thankyou :p

At this rate you'll have a 1DsMkII by Christmas Sue :LOL:

Hmmmm only if matt has one first :) lol

MkII?

that old that is, I want a MkIII

:p

At this moment in time that 1DsMkII is still the current flagship that Canon produce Matt..:)

Congrats on the 400D BTW..:clap:

Yeah it is, you're right. I can't see me ever getting one though, not unless I start making some money from this photography lark ;)

Thinking about offering to do some cheap weddings.

Thinking about offering to do some cheap weddings.

Why do them cheap Matt, I have done 2 weddings now and charged £500 a time. Cheap by professional prices but not bad for an afternoons work.. (And some free grub):D

I would be too worried about messing it up for the couple, I know I would have been upset had ours not come out.

Why do them cheap Matt, I have done 2 weddings now and charged £500 a time. Cheap by professional prices but not bad for an afternoons work.. (And some free grub):D

Yeah I guess so, and offer photobooks as a cheap alternative to wedding photos.

I guess the risk of messing it up as sue says is a worry - but as long as you take your time and check and double check settings it should be fine shouldn't it?

Might have to get ourselves off to a wedding fair or just stick a note up in the paper somewhere.

Yeah he has. Its for me :) Bigger screen might help me see what my photos are like so dont waste as much time when I get home.

That is soooo tempting...... no, I'm going to leave it ... I want a 30D..... or maybe a 5D? :thinking: ;)

Mike

I would be too worried about messing it up for the couple, I know I would have been upset had ours not come out.

But that's thinking negative Sue, Don't mess up and take 3 shots of everything you take, There's a good chance one of them will be good.

The weddings I did wanted 25 prints in their wedding album,
I took about 12Gb of shots, I had loads to choose from, Bin the rubbish then let them view the rest on your PC... then choose what they want and bingo..:) Off to Jessops or any Pro printing Lab to get them printed, Carefully arrange them in the album and collect your £500. Thanks very much sir.:nuts:

TBH I have seen plenty of Pro's making a total arse of shooting weddings and they make a living from it..:wacky:

Hardware needed.

Camera bodies. You will have 3 very soon.
Plenty of compact flash storage, I'm sure you have too.
Something in the region of a 16-35mm/24-70mm lens, Not sure on that score what you have.

And last but not least plenty of confidence..(y)

Plenty to think about there..:)

Get a 30d over a 400 no shadow of a doubt there mike.

The 5d is tempting but I'd have to ditch half of my lenses.

Wonder if it was a pricing error then and they meant for it to be £499.97 all along or whether it was a special Easter Weekend price.

Oh well, at least they've honoured the orders anyway :)

Saw this post the other day and saw the price at Tesco's and there was no where in the uk or other wise that could match that price with a Lens not even Kerso ;)

A friend was looking for a 400D so orderd it at the cheap price and it came yesterday.

So good post and well spotted (y)

the people who choose the camera to be delivered have pretty much all got theirs. its only if you choose instore pick up where their seems to be a problem and delays.

congrats on those who purchased. its small and feels cheap but i love it.

Wow, Matt you're certainly on a killing spree :p

Lots of kit to choose from now!

Back