Canon 400d focusing dots problem..

Ant

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
Yes
So i got my new 70-200mm f4L today, and i go to get my camera, and notice that there is a strand of what looks like fabric on the mirror.

I get my blower out, and give it a blow, which doesn't shift the strand of fabric. This is after realising that it must be on the AF screen. So now, i put the lens back on, and have a look. The far right dot, and the dot at north east of the centre is not lighting up now, and the strand of fabric is still there.

i have only had the camera a month, so what do you think is the best thing to do?

Live with it?
Take it back?
Sort it myself?

I went into jessops and got it myself in person, so taking it back, to get it looked at shouldn't be a problem, but as i said, what is the best thing to do?

Take it back and ask them to have a go at cleaning it, I doubt it's covered under warranty as it's wear and tear but Jessops might be able to shift it for you and worst case if they bugger it up they'll be liable for the replacement (y)

I think the reason for return is the the fact the focus points are not illuminating. If they have to fix that then they might as well sort the hair out.

As you've only had the camera a month ,take it back

Hi

I had this problem with my 400D a while ago, my camera didn't have anything foreign in it eg strand of fabric,as yours has, but all the AF points were very dim, and it wouldn't auto focus properly, I phoned Canon up on their help line and they sent me labels, and a courier picked it up, they fixed it and returned it within a week as good as new. the job sheet said they replaced faulty mirror mechanism, fitted new focusing screen, cleaned and tested. under warranty.

Dave

Back