Canon 400D or 30D Which to buy

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi to all i am new to this forum and thinking of going down the DSLR route
Think of buying a new Camera and unsure which to go for looked at the Canon 400D with lens and other stuff like bag card priced at £549 and also looked at 30D with EF-S 18-55 for £549
Thanks in Advance for reply

Regards
David

David, I'm sure others will advise based on their experiences but in my opinion I'd really suggest you visit a shop if possible to hold and try both - don't just buy based on spec. I went through the same decision making process when buying my first DSLR and the decision was easy when I had them in my hands,

Factors like the size of your hands and whether you prefer the heavier weight and bigger size of the 30D or the convenient lighter smaller form factor of the 400D are very much down to personal preference.

Hope that helps a bit!
WB

What I can say, having owned both.
The difference in megapixels is virtually undetectable.
If you have big hands you will be wrestling with the 400D all the time.
I also think the 30D is of an undeniably higher build quality and it will acheive a higher frame rate (if you are into sports that may be important)

Guys

Thanks for the reply and to Canon Bob thanks for the link just going through same now i think i will take the advice and go into the shop and hold both.

Regards

David

Check out second hand prices for 30D's too - there are a lot on the market now with the 40D being out. In fact, they're coming up quite regularly in the for sales on here!

Back