Canon 400d software disc

Ant

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, little (Say that big) problem. I've got a new laptop, and i'm doing the process of installing the software off my old laptop.

I have now encountered a problem. I just cannot for the life of me find teh box in which the camera came in (Where all the manuals and discs are for the camera). So this leaves me in a little predicament. I can't download the pictures onto my hard drive, as i don't have the drivers or the EX browser to look at the pictures.

Is there anywhere that i could get the software from? I've tried the canon website, but that just offers updates, no software in particular.

This gives an even bigger problem, as i need to sell an item of mine which i've taken photos of.

I know where i can get canon software from, but say, would the software from a 40d work with the 400d that i have?

Hi

Ant you should be able to plug your camera into the computer, and it should be recognised as a removable HD, look under my computer you should see it there

Yeah, just did that, and the pictures are now on my HDD, but i can't seem to find the software like EXBrowser online.

I may go pester one of my friends. He has a 40d, and lives just round the corner.

Cheers for the link, but updaters don't work. Yes, they're the full software, but updater software need the original file before starting the install. So if i downloaded that, then i wouldn't be able to installit.

Ant, I can zip it up and put it somewhere for you to d/load

Thanks for everyone's offer. I'm currently downloading the update files, so as to play with the registries, and hope to get it sorted by the end of the evening. Failing that, i'll post again, and i'll have to ask for a copy of the disc.

Thanks forumites :)

Thanks for everyone's offer. I'm currently downloading the update files, so as to play with the registries, and hope to get it sorted by the end of the evening. Failing that, i'll post again, and i'll have to ask for a copy of the disc.

Get a full new official set of discs and manuals here:

http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/User_Manuals/index.asp

Robert Scott Associates charge £12, but I got mine with a free subscription to EOS Magazine for £20.

If you're donwloading new software updates, DPP v3.5 has all the clever lens aberration correction stuff for every EOS D-SLR and all EF and EF-S lenses :)

Richard.

i ran a copy off when i got in from work last night if you need it mate (y)

Unfortunately you need an installation of the Canon utilities before you can update from the Canon website. Which means you need the CD. And you have to pay for the CD or find your old one (or maybe borrow someone elses).

If you don't need any of the software use a card reader to get your files onto the computer.

Right.

I've got the bits installed now, and a big thanks to Graham_P_Clarke who pointed me in the right direction for an easy download of the updates, and how to install from no initial program. It just required a little play with the computer keys in the registers.

Thanks everyone.

Hello, I am new here and have found this query about canon 400D software discs. I recently bought, via ebay, a canon 400D and theres no software discs with it, can anyone help me by pointing me to where i can either beg borrow or steal the discs? ( the "steal" is just a saying, I DEFINITELY WOULDNT STEAL IT"!
I did notice that some offered to loan discs to another member, and wondered if the offer could be offered to me? I am in Bridport, Dorset and would be more than happy to pay postage plus, for this software, so Please anyone? cheers, Doug

I have just bought a second hand canon 400d camera and it did not come with any discs. Can I download these, and if so can someone give me a link??

Canons Japanese website used to have version 1 of Canons "Digital Photo Professional" editing software available as a legitimate download on there site. You could download and install version 1 then legitimately upgrade to the latest version by using the upgrades on the uk/euro site. I think it is no longer available however I still have a copy that I can make available to anyone interested (apart from anything else its much easier than rummaging around looking for the original discs lol)

If anybody wants the software just install the Dropbox file sharing app (completely safe) on your computer using this link

http://db.tt/IxRmtxT

PM me your email address and I will send an invite to share access to my dropbox account folder that has the file in it.

Last edited:
Do you still have that software available on dropbox?

Could you please invite me, my mac died.

I have replaced my computer, but can not find my original disks for my 400d anyway.

Thanks Pal

Canons Japanese website used to have version 1 of Canons "Digital Photo Professional" editing software available as a legitimate download on there site. You could download and install version 1 then legitimately upgrade to the latest version by using the upgrades on the uk/euro site. I think it is no longer available however I still have a copy that I can make available to anyone interested (apart from anything else its much easier than rummaging around looking for the original discs lol)

If anybody wants the software just install the Dropbox file sharing app (completely safe) on your computer using this link

http://db.tt/IxRmtxT

PM me your email address and I will send an invite to share access to my dropbox account folder that has the file in it.

Back