Canon 40D Kit-Crazy Irish Price

Edit My Images
Yes
I am upgrading to a Canon 40D. The Kit (Body+17-85mm IS USM lens) will cost me £1212stg. in Ireland. I can get the same "kit" from Martins Camera Shop in the UK (online) for £835 + £30 (approx) P&P. Total £865. A saving of £347. As I value goods & shop in euros the saving in euros is €443. Evidently I have no intention in buying the "kit" in Ireland. Its a rip off!!!. Can anyone advise me if I purchase from the UK do I have a warranty? Can I get it cheaper than £835. How about from the US (warranty ???) or even from e.g Hong Kong (warranty)? I see in some threads that the UK can be expensive by comparison. So now you know how I feel. :( Regards, Misty

I would think any waranty is only valid in the country you made the purchase. In other words you would have a waranty but you'd need to get the camera back to the place you bought it if it needed a repair. Waranty is usually written into the sellers price so when they need to do work on the unti they don't loose money. Hk sell cheap because they know they won't need to cover the waranty - or at least it's very unlikely you are going to take it back there!

For you I would think buying in the UK is a safe bet because it's not going to cost mega to get the camera back here if you needed to.

Try kerso for a price hes normally cheaper than in the uk, He ships them from usa then posts them to you with a uk invoice. Ive bought a few things from him including my 40d and never had a problem (y)

I would think any waranty is only valid in the country you made the purchase. In other words you would have a waranty but you'd need to get the camera back to the place you bought it if it needed a repair. Waranty is usually written into the sellers price so when they need to do work on the unti they don't loose money. Hk sell cheap because they know they won't need to cover the waranty - or at least it's very unlikely you are going to take it back there!

For you I would think buying in the UK is a safe bet because it's not going to cost mega to get the camera back here if you needed to.
Thanks for yor reply. I agree. The cost of P&P to the UK is insignificant in comparison to the saving on the purchase. PS who is "Hk" :thinking: Regards, Misty.

Try kerso for a price hes normally cheaper than in the uk, He ships them from usa then posts them to you with a uk invoice. Ive bought a few things from him including my 40d and never had a problem (y)

Thanks for your reply. Interesting. I have read about Kerso in other threads in this forum. How do I contact him. Regards, Misty

Lucky you, the prices in SA are soaring since beginning of 2008. The 40d 17-85 is kit costs R 19000 here in south africa, more or less 1300pounds :bang::thumbsdown:

Hello friends!

I saw many People here mentioned Kerso. Is he an individual doing some bussines here or is it a Company? Also how do you make a payment? I meant how secure is it and what guaranties do we have about delivery etc..?

Misty - HK = Hong Kong :)

Kerso has the best deals going around.
I got my kit from ebay (lucky cheap price) but im still waiting for it to arrive ...

Back