Canon 40D problem??

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Hi Folks

Yesterday I notice the top screen on my Canon 40D being a bit funny. at one side of it it miscolour cant see it when inside house need to be out in the daylight... It look like you know when you press against a screen it get that miscolour but i know it not been done on this camera at all and it impossible I believe as the glass protects it.

Should I take it back it only little and can only see it when outside but it did annoyed my yesterday..

Also Would jessops need my receipt? As was hoping to pop in on my way home from the in laws... rather than going home and back out to town...

Would it work saying that canon still got it for the cash back?

You may be lucky with Jessops without the receipt as they will have records on line. They did check on my 20D when I bought that and then exhanged in a different branch.

Ok so i bough mine from sheffield would the branch in york be able to swap the body on it own??? As i got my box etc at home and was hoping jessops in york would just swap the body?

Mine does that and then it goes back to normal. I'm not unduly worried about it.

Mine does that and then it goes back to normal. I'm not unduly worried about it.

yeah noticed it with mine too, I thought it was just the angle I happened to look at it from, it never seems to have changed into anything more so I have never bothered to do anything about it.

Mine does the same but only when the camera gets really cold. As soon as I get back in doors and the camera warms up everything is back to normal. I was going to send it to Canon but haven'y bothered and doubt I will. Too many other more important things to think about at the mo.

I asked this question on this forum about six months ago and it appears this is not a malfunction it is just the way it works with liquid crystal display ...it happened to me in a tropical country usually around dusk but indoors the problem disappeared ....very cold weather would have the same effect so I would not worry at all...

Yup its the way it works. Does it on mine :)

Did it on my 30D and my 350D too :)

Ok so I should not worry about this then??? What I cant understand is that i never noticed it before...

I guess jessops wont really do anything then if it a common thing?

Ok so I should not worry about this then??? What I cant understand is that i never noticed it before...

I guess jessops wont really do anything then if it a common thing?

Even if they swap it out and give you a brand new camera, it's likely to do it on the replacement too.

Ok... I see how it goes on before I do anything then :)

Back