Canon 430EXII

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Everyone,

I've just with birthday money and also the money i got from all the 2's 1's and 5 pence pieces i been collecting got my new canon flash - it felt like i was getting it for free. :) Now it's arrived, it's suddenly dawned on me how little i know about using the flash. What i need is a few pointers of what i should do to get started. The manual shows you how do things but tells you very little about when you should be using the settings it's explaining! Obviously the flash is good for indoors, but what settings should i be using for that, are there any advantages of using flash if its really sunny, in shade, early morning or in the evening. I shall be going out with it tonight in a meadow of buttercups amongst other flowers, pointers as to where i should start my experimenting bearing that in mind would be greatly appreciated?

Is there webpage that could explain what i want maybe?

Thanks in advance

Best piece of advice? Stick it on the camera and play around with the settings - aperture, shutter speed on the camera etc and see what effect each has when using the flash (y)

try bouncing it off ceilings or off other walls, play with it, get some rechargable batteries if you play as much as I do lol

maybe try strobist stuff (googly) but that gets real heavy real fast

Yeah best way to learn is just to play around with it, i find that i only use mine inside on the camera but if i need it outside then i tend to use wireless triggers so i cant help you about meadows and such.

it works well inside if you choose your settings in manual on the camera then put the flash on ETTL bounced off the ceiling and just leave the flash to balance out the exposure

Yeah best way to learn is just to play around with it, i find that i only use mine inside on the camera but if i need it outside then i tend to use wireless triggers so i cant help you about meadows and such.

it works well inside if you choose your settings in manual on the camera then put the flash on ETTL bounced off the ceiling and just leave the flash to balance out the exposure

Back