canon 450d crop sensor , wide lens choices

Name
Cam
Edit My Images
No
hey theyre im wonder because of the 1.6 crop sensor on my 450 what are good lens to go for for getting right close to the action i have a 18-55 the now im looking for anything closer than that fixed or zoom but not macro . also any possible wide or fish eye lenses.

Sigma 10-20 is the usual weapon of choice, it depends on your budget though. Fisheye-wise the 10-17mm Tokina is a nice lens, but it's not cheap...

If you buy the Photo Plus mag £3.99 there is a review in the Feb edition of the top 8 wide lenses. As above the Sigma 10-20 comes out top for the 450D due to the smaller sensor. The Tokina 11 -16mm also had a really good review, just for your info.

Sorry, it may be me but your requirements are contradictory...

You say Wide, but you want to get close to the action? Does this mean you want to zoom into things that are far away?

In which case, it sounds to me like you should investigate a superzoom (something like an 18-200) as this will cover almost any type of photography with a realistic amount of compromise.

Having said this, if you want to go wide and wide only then the Sigma 10-20mm cannot be beaten for value for money. At the long end, then something like the 70-200 f4L from Canon can be picked up for around £300 all in.

It's going to depend on budget, more than anything!

Cheers,
James

sorry for being confusing all im looking for is a lens that fits alot in

Back