Canon 550d display not working

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
I’ve had this camera for a while now as it’s been a godsend on occasions. So I took it out to an event last night and the heavens opened and it poured it down. Knowing the camera is not waterproof I tried to keep it under cover during heavy periods but did use it under light rain.

On return home nothing worked at all. I dried it off with a hairdryer as best I could and ended up pressing in the micro switches on both the card slot and battery. Voila, the camera worked again but I have no lcd display. Left it to dry overnight in hope but I cannot get the display to come on.

I’ve tried the usual tricks with new batteries and cards etc but the same problem persist.

Before I give up on this totally are there any suggestions as I assume sending off for repair would cost me more than buying a working second hand one

Just an update. Just inserted another battery. The display came back on asking me to set date and time. As I lifted the camera to do so the display went off again. I think it needs a few days to dry out ?

I’ve decided to claim anyway. Insurance states like for like do not sure what that would get me now in 2019 from a 2011 model 550d

Back