Canon 5D mkII (Prices)

Name
David Bridges
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Most people in IRC are probally sick of my 5D price talks so I've decided to annoy everyone on the forums instead :p

I'm just curious to what prices people have paid for their own 5D mkII's and where they purchased them from, and if the retailer gave a good service etc...

Prices ive seen are around the £2000 mark, idealy I would like to get it for around £1800 - £1900 which is going to be a big ask but I've had a good offer from Digital Depot so if you have any experience of them please feel free to leave it here.

1895+delivery from Kerso

Just waiting for him to get in contact with me as he is currently on holiday, i'm not too sure when he gets back

yes he is but he is also a member, never bought from him but I have gotten prices before (bought secondhand in the end)

Best to use Ian Kerr (Kerso) off of ebay! A good guy and great prices. I just sent him the cash - never a problem and I've spent a lot of cash with him!

100% safe - even if you end up with a problem he'll do his best to sort it out.

£1,779.99 from DigitalRev .... Here

Refunds all import taxes if there are any.

Pays all the postage costs to have the item returned to them and returned back to you in the event of any claim under warranty.

Used them loads of times with no problems. Service has been great.

Kerso (Ian) was on holiday until yesterday so he should get back to you now.

I ordered a 5D MkII and 85mm f/1.2 from him just before we went away.

£1,779.99 from DigitalRev .... Here

Refunds all import taxes if there are any.

Pays all the postage costs to have the item returned to them and returned back to you in the event of any claim under warranty.

Used them loads of times with no problems. Service has been great.
Thats a good price, used them myself a few times with no problems.

Any problems with Digital rev and warranties, only they're based in the far east

ahh ok cool, so normal 12 months?

also, how does he get products so cheap?

£1895 from Kerso for mine, also ordered the battery grip, extra battery and a 24-70L

So another vote from me - PM him direct on here instead of ebay as you get a slightly better price. I Sent him the cash direct and in advance, which I know puts you at risk as a consumer, but he had such a good reputation I didn't have a problem with doing it.

I am 100% pleased with the goods, service and delivery I received. I had a problem with the lens and he replaced straight away with no quibbles and he is now the only place I would buy!!!!

Canon uk will not honour the warranty.

First I've heard of that.

They are not grey imports from what I understand, they are sourced from the US but they are brought over officially and with all tax and duty paid.

First I've heard of that.

They are not grey imports from what I understand, they are sourced from the US but they are brought over officially and with all tax and duty paid.
They do not have a EU warranty card, the last camera I got from him he told me himself if there is any problems in the warranty period then he would have to sort it out and I have no problems with that and would buy another off him.

Canon uk will not honour the warranty.

I had a 40D from Ian that went in for warranty work and here is what they said
"provided I can supply a UK issued receipt then they will happily do it under warranty"
and it was repaired at Colchester camera repair with no issues at all.

I bougt my 400D from Kerso with the cashback offer, got the cashback and got a warranty so i have full faith in his goods!

Still waiting for a reply!

I had an unfortunate problem with a duff battery on a 1dMk3 I bought from Kerso on delivery.

Ian is taking the duff battery back and sending a replacement.
I've every confidence that any problems I have during the warranty period, Ian will sort it out...he's that sort of guy.

I purchased mine from Jessops at £2090, I did this because I wanted it straight away and I didn't mind paying that little extra.

In respect to Kerso, I believe Canon only grants a warranty to Lens purchased from Kerso. Bodies were never under warranty, unless this has changed in recent months?

However I am confident Ian would do everything to help you out if a warranty issue arrived.

I would have bought mine from WE or Jessops etc etc but with the money I hopefully will save with Kerso will enable me to buy me extra kit!

Got a (mint) second hand one from mpbphotographic including the battery grip for just over £1900 :D

Back