Canon 5D4 to Canon Connect

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I have been using Connect for a couple of years and it has been clunky but just about bearable. I noticed an update a few weeks back, and no longer can connect. When I open the app on phone, it asks for a password. However, I have no idea where to find the password. I have never assigned a PW to my 5d4. Can anyone give a pointer as to how to find the PW? Thank you in advance!

Probably simplest is to delete & recreate the connection between camera & phone. It happened to me a couple of times with my 6Dii so I gave up and use CCC (Pro) but that's probably only an option for Android I think

Thanks
I am on Android. It doesn't give an option to delete the connection; either it sees it and asks for PW, or it doesn't if camera is off. Connect has never worked well and always been clunky. This update started asking for a PW and it has never connected since. It seemed to happen after the Canon ransomware attack and I wonder if there was some change that I am not aware of.

You have to delete the connection from the camera (and there is definitely an option to do that in the WiFi settings) - it's ages since I used the Canon app, but in the screen where you see the connection in the app, you long press on the connection you want to remove (I think) and something similar on the camera itself... If in doubt the manual is actually helpful.

Hi, this worked for me.

Click on “Communication settings”.

Click on “Built in wireless settings”.

Click on “Wi-Fi/NFC”

Click “Enable”

Click set “ok”

Click “Wi-Fi function”

Click “connect to smartphone”

Click on “Review Change Settings”

Click “Change set”

Click “Easy connection”

Click “ok”

The password / encryption key should now be presented for you to enter into your wireless settings on your phone.

Cheers, Ed

Back