Canon 5DmkI Noise levels Vs Current Canon cameras

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Right, as I'll be in the market for some new gear soon, I've been wondering about getting a 5DmkI for a few of the portrait shoots that I do. This would probably be paired with a 7D and I would use them for shooting weddings too.

But, my question relates to the noise in a 5D. How does it compare to the current range of cameras and is there any cameras that are around the same quality noise wise when at a higher ISO?

MkI buddy, aka 5D classic

PS... those images are upscaled to 5D2 resolution, so you lose detail from simply doing that, but it is the equivalent of printing out at a defined picture size.

Yes, I know... Just pushing you to the 5D2 ;)

Hahahaha, the cheek! ;)

I'm pretty set on the 7D. I loved my 50D but not keen on the 60D, and I really want the better AF points etc

Its just a case of what to pair with it, and money will obviously play a part in that but after 2 home shoots with glamour models, I found 24mm on a 50D was too tight and I needed more, and people say that a wide angle (17-40 etc) is not very flattering for model shoots

Hahahaha, the cheek! ;)

I'm pretty set on the 7D. I loved my 50D but not keen on the 60D, and I really want the better AF points etc

Its just a case of what to pair with it, and money will obviously play a part in that but after 2 home shoots with glamour models, I found 24mm on a 50D was too tight and I needed more, and people say that a wide angle (17-40 etc) is not very flattering for model shoots

You'll get the same perspective effects (which is what people thing isn't flattering) from 15-16mm on crop (depending on exact sensor) as you do with 24FF if you keep the composition the same. Just saying. :)

You'll get the same perspective effects (which is what people thing isn't flattering) from 15-16mm on crop (depending on exact sensor) as you do with 24FF if you keep the composition the same. Just saying. :)

Thats the answer I was hoping not to get :LOL:
So, a 17-40 would be just as helpful on a 1.6x crop then a 24-105 on FF. Hmmmm!

I have a 5D and a 60D (same sensor as 7D) and up to ISO 3200 (5D limit) the 5D Classic is cleaner in my experience and reacts better to shadows being pushed :)

Now thats an interesting comment!
Does anyone else agree with this or have any other comment?
Manualfocus, do you have anything to compare?

Mike

Back