Beginner Canon 600D tethered shooting

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I've just been made redundant and walked into a job photographing people in a christmas display.

They use a Canon 600D (i shoot nikon so i need to learn my way around this camera) and they currently use a swap mem card system. Shoot on one, swap it for the next for the next customer while another member of staff edits and prints.

They use Picassa to edit/print, my wife uses it but I always use Lightroom myself.

So, they've bought a 5m cable to connect the camera to the laptop but when they tried it flashed an error word of some type on the camera viewfinder display.

What do I need to do to be able to shoot tethered (a google says it's the correct cable) with a 600D and have the images automatically imported in to Picasa?

Also, any suggestions on a wifi card that could send files directly to the laptop from the camera? just as an alternative.

Thanks

Hi all,

I've just been made redundant and walked into a job photographing people in a christmas display.

They use a Canon 600D (i shoot nikon so i need to learn my way around this camera) and they currently use a swap mem card system. Shoot on one, swap it for the next for the next customer while another member of staff edits and prints.

They use Picassa to edit/print, my wife uses it but I always use Lightroom myself.

So, they've bought a 5m cable to connect the camera to the laptop but when they tried it flashed an error word of some type on the camera viewfinder display.

What do I need to do to be able to shoot tethered (a google says it's the correct cable) with a 600D and have the images automatically imported in to Picasa?

Also, any suggestions on a wifi card that could send files directly to the laptop from the camera? just as an alternative.

Thanks
If I were you?
Swallow your ambition and get on with it the way they're used to working.

If they have a system that works for them and their customers, what is the advantage of changing it?

Concentrate on making the images as saleable as possible (which presumably makes a difference to everyone)

Hi, Have the drivers for the 600D been loaded?.
I use a 600D along with the QdslrDashboard app to shoot and see a jpeg image on a Nexus 7 tablet ( shooting RAW/Jpeg option) now it is not lightening fast but can be used on a windows machine also. http://dslrdashboard.info/.
Also I beleive you can get a 30 day FREE trial with Lightroom so you could use that in the meantime until you get sorted.
Russ

Back