Canon 600D to 7D, should I...?

Edit My Images
No
Morning folks,

Got the opportunity to buy a 7D and Canon Grip with 6000 clicks on the clock, would I be hugely better off? It's £400, and yes, I prefer SLRs with grips, so gets around that point ok.

Almost forgot to confirm that I'm currently a 600D user.

TIA,

Mike

It really depends what you shoot. If fast moving sports and wildlife, then yes you will be better off. If general shooting then it's less clear cut.

The 7D has better frame rate (10fps), better build quality with weather sealing, far superior AF with more points and faster reaction, AF micro-adjust (should you need it). The 7D with grip weighs about 1.3kg without lens though

I believe the sensor is the same, so image quality will be no different

I have owned both the 600D and the 7D in the past. There is no question the 7D is the better camera in almost every respect but one. The 7D does not have a rotating viewing screen which can help in certain circumstances. Other than that it is a no brainer. A quick comparison of the specs will demonstrate the many advantages the 7D offers. As good as the 600D was I found the 7D performed better in all respects and I also felt it was much better balanced with heavier lenses on it than the lighter 600D.

It really depends what you shoot. If fast moving sports and wildlife, then yes you will be better off. If general shooting then it's less clear cut.

The 7D has better frame rate (10fps), better build quality with weather sealing, far superior AF with more points and faster reaction, AF micro-adjust (should you need it). The 7D with grip weighs about 1.3kg without lens though

I believe the sensor is the same, so image quality will be no different

Mark the 7d Mark II is 10 FPS original 7D 8 FPS

Back