Canon 60D stuck shutter button.

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello. I was out last night and the button in order to take a photo got stuck in. I could take a photo as it only got stuck in half way but I couldn't focus/change any settings. Ive had my 60D 1 week and 1 day and im just wondering if its a common problem? Im going to see how it is over the next week and if it keeps doing it ile take it back. I bought it from digitalrev though so it has a long way to go back :/

gotta say seems very strange that, ive had mine a while and rattled off 785 pictures this morning doing some photos at Cadwell for the bikes and a fair few thousand prior and no problems so far

Okay, but you have had it 8 days. Send it back under the 14 day rule, because its been opened you will have to pay a 15% re stocking fee of £83. (Ouch). Best bet. Contact digital rev and ask advise then get a quote from the uk repair centre. Will just cost postage. You WILL get the repair refunded but as you say, you need the funds to repair it in the first place. Explain all this to DIgital Rev and see what they say. Worst thing you can do is nothing.

Okay, but you have had it 8 days. Send it back under the 14 day rule, because its been opened you will have to pay a 15% re stocking fee of £83. (Ouch). Best bet. Contact digital rev and ask advise then get a quote from the uk repair centre. Will just cost postage. You WILL get the repair refunded but as you say, you need the funds to repair it in the first place. Explain all this to DIgital Rev and see what they say. Worst thing you can do is nothing.

Yeah ive sent them a ticket/message.

I had a similar problem with my 60D. It was fixed under warranty although it still occasionally recurs in the sense that if I hold the button down to take several shots it takes an extra one after I've released the button. A bit annoying but not a major problem.

Digitalrev have stock that is from china that's why it's cheaper, not UK stock

Never heard of them doing that before, Only problem i've ever heard of is the card slot failing.

Buy it genuinely from amazon or in shops don't trust other online retailers..if Anything goes wrong cannon won't want to know because its warranty is in china not in UK :)

Because he won't get that problem lol

Nikons don't tent to go wrong like those plastic cannons

Nikon don't make tents mate, canon however do make some superb cameras.

Beav

It may be just a case of a bit of dust or grit stuck down the button. Turn the camera upside down and gently flick the button, it may just dislodge and spit whatever is jamming it out.

I've had Canons for years and never heard of your problem.

"Cannon- cheap plastic "

Canon 40d 'Body material' - 'Magnesium alloy'

Plonker.

Last edited:
kind of taking the mick he saying canon = cheap plastic when more of them are Magnesium alloy than plastic

like all 3 of the 5ds
The 7d
The 6d
The 40d
The 50d
Most If Not All The 1d Series
the list goes on :LOL:

Last edited:
Yeah i suppose, but then it makes them think that they have the power to wind people up.

And everyone knows you can't win an argument with an ..... :D

Yeah i suppose, but then it makes them think that they have the power to wind people up.

And everyone knows you can't win an argument with an ..... :D

haha your not wrong there

did you not hear canon are now making their bodys out of playdoh they say its seems more durable than magnesium alloy

Last edited:
Yeah ive sent them a ticket/message.

Have you had any response from them yet ?

Personally, if you've only had it 8 days, I'd be asking for a replacement body...

keep the thread updated

Back