Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys

Has anyone heard of any info regarding the release / possible release of a
Canon 60D?

Thanks in advance

sarah

Its all rumours at the moment but you can read up on them HERE

I'm waiting for an announcement from Canon, I think we might hear something in August.

Am I the only tog who doesn't want movie mode???? I hope they don't put it on the newbie

Am I the only tog who doesn't want movie mode???? I hope they don't put it on the newbie

Togs might not want movie mode, but others do. If you dont want it, dont use it or buy a different camera ;)

I have seen the rumours. I am hoping they announce as soon as possible.

I am looking at the 50d, for better ISO (over my 400d).
The 60d might be of interest because of the video. We currently lug the camera, + a video recorder on holiday. We don't often use the video camera, so if I could get rid of that, it would leave room for another lens.....
However, my main hope, is that after the announcement, the 50d price might drop a bit more.

Like others, I wouldn't want a camera that doubles as a video camera. My limited experience of appliances that are supposed to do 2 things (such as fridge/freezers or washer/dryers or video cameras that take stills) is that they do neither of the functions as well as 2 appliances each of which is designed to do one job properly. Having said that, the 60d might be a fabulous still camera in its own right and worthy of purchase for that reason alone.

Ant: To me? Already have the camcorder, it is just the saving on space. An extra couple of memory cards (camcorder is only 20G anyway) is not much room

I am one of the people who doesnt really want video mode on an slr, I think most people compare it to one of those camcorders that also take pictures, the filming is good, but the pictures are *****. This is a completely different beast. The movie mode is great, it is probably the closest any of us will get to producing quality movies without spending a fortune on a really good camcorder. Just think, all the L series lenses on a HD device. Stick a 24-70 f2.8 on one and see, its stunning.
I still dont want the feature........maybe im scared i will love filming more than togging.:LOL:
You dont have to use the feature, but its there. If thats the way the top manufactures want to go, then thats whats going to happen. I suppose some of us need to open our minds, and give it a chance.
So, look out for a new website coming your way soon.....TALK PHOTOFILMING;)
Will TP have a HD THREAD??????
Maybe we as photographers are slipping back into the elitism we took so long to get out of. Maybe we are just worried that our hard drives are going to get even more filled up with stuff we just dont look at.
Sorry for going on a bit (wine fuelled).
See you all on YOUTUBE...........................................:wave:
Dean:)

Back