Canon 650D - £20.41 from EBuyer.com - Pricing Error???

Edit My Images
No
haha... just found this one for £24 at EBuyer[/URL]. Anyone want to try their luck??

Last edited by a moderator:
Just took a punt!

£31 incl 3 working day delivery (ie Fri 3 April)

I know they are under no obligation to fulfill this order but paid with Visa so got protection so no loss situation (for me)

Showing 520 IN STOCK Less 1 now!

A loss leader???

Lets see what happen but why not have a go. They take Paypal too!!!!

Last edited:
Steve, you don't have to feel alone. I have also taken the same punt......searched from their home page so it's not a fake....one of these mistakes that they may not come across until Tuesday maybe!

You do wonder if they do deliver, whether to have purchased a couple!

Took a punt myself, it will probably never happen but you just never know

Steve, you don't have to feel alone. I have also taken the same punt......searched from their home page so it's not a fake....one of these mistakes that they may not come across until Tuesday maybe!

You do wonder if they do deliver, whether to have purchased a couple!

I thought about buying a couple but thought multiple purchases from one address may trigger an automatic warning and cause an automatic shutdown of that product code.

I imagine they will have staff in tomorrow and may pick up straight away. They have warehouses in a few places so its like an interesting game.

Oh well if it comes through I will make a donation to Cancer UK!!!

S

I always have a punt at stuff like this.. one of my recent faves is when Tesco double discounted the TDK2 and they honoured it.....score

this one feels like marketing tactics a la Hut Group, pricing error but please accept this 5% code off your next purchase..

still all good easter fun :D

Moved this into its own thread :)

I spotted it earlier from another source and I've taken a punt on it too - well, why not?
Not overly optimistic. My order was showing as "allocated" but has now moved to "stock warning" - although the note says that "If your order status is showing that payment has been taken it means this matter has been sorted. In this instance, you will receive your order as planned and you can ignore this message."
. . . so as payment has been taken, I'm ignoring it and waiting to see what happens.

Let's see how it all works out.

<Mod Hat on> If these do come through, I'm hoping that we're not going to see them popping up in classifieds at a huge profit :rules:

Moved this into its own thread :)

I spotted it earlier from another source and I've taken a punt on it too - well, why not?
Not overly optimistic. My order was showing as "allocated" but has now moved to "stock warning" - although the note says that "If your order status is showing that payment has been taken it means this matter has been sorted. In this instance, you will receive your order as planned and you can ignore this message."
. . . so as payment has been taken, I'm ignoring it and waiting to see what happens.

Let's see how it all works out.

<Mod Hat on> If these do come through, I'm hoping that we're not going to see them popping up in classifieds at a huge profit :rules:

This is the message I got too, I think they have realised the mistake and made them all out of stock:LOL: Still hopefull though

I think they've caught on. This is on the product page now:

"Sorry, this product is currently unavailable. It is likely that it has been discontinued and no longer for sale."

EBuyer must be bricking it

No payment taken!

Was showing 520 in stock at time of my order.

Hmmmm They do not have to honour the price so I wonder if they will front up or just ignore all orders. Is goodwill worth a £250K loss?

So 2 emails back so far...

Email at 16.26

Order acknowledged and confirmation email will be sent shortly

Email 17:55

Order unavaiable

Order status

Stock warning

Ahh its been a diversion on a quiet afternoon

S

I've had an payment processed email but nothing on my statement yet, and my order status is 'Order Placed' (Your order has been entered into our system following successful security clearance and is waiting for all stock to become available)

So not the Stock warnings you have got but not looking as though this one is going to materialise.

Good diversion yes but back to Plan A I think....(cause I am actually looking to buy a 650D so this wasn't a 'as it's cheap' purchase!)

I've had an payment processed email but nothing on my statement yet, and my order status is 'Order Placed' (Your order has been entered into our system following successful security clearance and is waiting for all stock to become available)

So not the Stock warnings you have got but not looking as though this one is going to materialise.

Good diversion yes but back to Plan A I think....(cause I am actually looking to buy a 650D so this wasn't a 'as it's cheap' purchase!)

Asda Direct still advertising 650D under £500 with online 10% saving

Stock availability aside.

I think it's safe to say this is never going to happen, if it was a closer to selling price mistake they might have gone it for for the publicity, but at £25? No chance.

You can also bet there were a fair few profiteers ordering 5 or 10 for eBay that would have immediately triggered a warning to whoever runs their webstore causing it to be totally removed, even though today was a public holiday..

Last edited:
You can also bet there were a fair few profiteers ordering 5 or 10 for eBay that would have immediately triggered a warning to whoever runs their webstore causing it to be totally removed, even though today was a public holiday..

Always the way..

still had no cancellation email, last I had was order processed and payment successfully taken.. wonder if payment has came out what they will do then?? not that I am seriously expecting a 650d to arrive but if payment has actually been taken then surely that puts them in a spot of bother?

still had no cancellation email, last I had was order processed and payment successfully taken.. wonder if payment has came out what they will do then?? not that I am seriously expecting a 650d to arrive but if payment has actually been taken then surely that puts them in a spot of bother?

There will be no human intervention until Tuesday. Generally even what looks like a payment is only a preauthorisation on the banking system.

I wouldn't expect any sort of acceptance or decline of the order until Tuesday.

Be very careful and check your bank accounts.

This is the only place ( Ebuyer ) that I have used my card in the last few weeks and there is now no money in that account.
It looks like they have not taken for the camera but helped themselves to some money as an easter gift to themselves, the person not the company.

Bugger so the 400 cameras I ordered might not turn up then :shrug:

Last edited:
Be very careful and check your bank accounts.

This is the only place ( Ebuyer ) that I have used my card in the last few weeks and there is now no money in that account.
It looks like they have not taken for the camera but helped themselves to some money as an easter gift to themselves, the person not the company.

Bloody hell how did they get your money?
hope you get it sorted:)

Bloody hell how did they get your money?
hope you get it sorted:)

No idea, well apart from entering my card details to buy said item.

I will not know anything else till tuesday when I can go to the bank, it might not be them but it seems funny the only time I have used my card was last week

I've used ebuyer several times in the past few years and never had an issue, hopefully this will get sorted for you soon.
The link in the first post takes me to staticice and not ebuyer.com.

is this link been posted on purpose to get card details?

This could easily happen. Forums like this are ripe targets for this kind of scam, as can be seen from the initial response to this "bargain".

Last edited:
It's looking like it could have been a spoofed site or page that has harvested details allowing further unauthorised transactions from what SpikeK6 has said.

This seems to have happened in the previously as well.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=336019

I think what ^Demon means is - and I'm not accusing Nomad_Traveller of anything here, I'm just thinking more broadly - what's to stop someone deliberately promoting their own scam/spoof website in this section of the forum?

Last edited:
It just amazes me how quickly people jump on things like this, taking a "punt" at the chances that it's real. Yet they are happy to dish out advice on ebay items and dubious websites with the old saying "If it's too good to be true..." and rightly so warn people away from them.

Just like this thread - HERE

:thinking:

Checked all

The order resides on my EBuyer account and the was verified through the Visa extra proection system

The response confirmation emails all came from the ebuyer system too.

Additionally I did not click on any links but went through direct to the EBuyer web site and checked the address which would have been intercepted by my internet security.

As for others throwing up shock that we were "fooled". No not at all. The "punt" was the opportunity to have a bit of fun and grab a bargain. Life would be very boring without a bit of fun it it. A little risk is quite exciting too.

As said at this time the order is still showing as being accepted but has gone no further.All in the vendors hands now.

I think what ^Demon means is - and I'm not accusing Nomad_Traveller of anything here, I'm just thinking more broadly - what's to stop someone deliberately promoting their own scam/spoof website in this section of the forum?

I dont wanna blame anyone but that was the original question ....

This was a legit pricing error on the eBuyer website - I have seen it posted in various other places. I don't think nomad_traveller is a fraudulent poster. Having said that, I can't see the original link, but at the same time as the OP there was a pricing error on the eBuyer site so I'm inclined to believe that there was no malicious intent.

Last edited:
I really did double check at the time that even on the eBuyer web site that they did have the item for around £20. A too good to be true pricing error but I didn't think in my right mind it'd be a spam. If I had seen the other posted links earlier in this thread, I definitely would not have posted something like this.

Checked all

The order resides on my EBuyer account and the was verified through the Visa extra proection system

The response confirmation emails all came from the ebuyer system too.

Additionally I did not click on any links but went through direct to the EBuyer web site and checked the address which would have been intercepted by my internet security.

As for others throwing up shock that we were "fooled". No not at all. The "punt" was the opportunity to have a bit of fun and grab a bargain. Life would be very boring without a bit of fun it it. A little risk is quite exciting too.

As said at this time the order is still showing as being accepted but has gone no further.All in the vendors hands now.

It's so annoying that people have been spoofed and have a fight on their hands now.... I've heard of these type of websites, like an amazon one on a BBC show (Fake Britain IIRC). Never thought I'd see one or get close to one! That said...

I agree with Hugh, this was a bit of safe fun and to see how these things work. I clicked through to ebuyer.com from quidco.com (I always get my cashback) and it's all be registered with Quidco correctly,
Card statement seems correct, emails too.....I'll be the first to feel stupid if I've been done as well but all looking legit at the moment.

Update: plenty of people of twitter went for this but found 1 person that states they have have order cancelled with no honouring the price or loyalty discount.

*POP* There goes the bubble: Order now cancelled on ebuyer's website with the following note:

We apologise for any inconvenience or disappointment caused. A refund for the out of stock item has now been issued. If this was the only item on the order, your order has now been cancelled

We apologise for any inconvenience or annoyance caused.

Kind regards,

Ebuyer Customer Support

It was fun while it lasted!

Last edited:
Just got an email from Ebuyer.

Different to above

This referred to a pricing error and confirmed tbat the order has been cancelled.

Also IF any money had been taken for the order it has already been refunded!

Yep a bit of a punt and fun.

Ebuyer was not a spoof site in this case and so if money lost and bank account emptied it might be through a link through.

Ebuyer had no legal requirement to honour the price as I mentioned in an earlier post.

Ebuyr may be on their toes after this one!

H

*POP* There goes the bubble: Order now cancelled on ebuyer's website with the following note:

We apologise for any inconvenience or disappointment caused. A refund for the out of stock item has now been issued. If this was the only item on the order, your order has now been cancelled

We apologise for any inconvenience or annoyance caused.

Kind regards,

Ebuyer Customer Support

A little dishonest of them, they should just tell the truth rather than lie to customers.

They are currently showing 39 in stock on their website (at £556 this time).

http://www.ebuyer.com/391567-eos650d-18mp-full-hd-vari-angle-touch-6559b024aa

no sympathy at all. Everyone, including mods, happy to try and scam ebuyer and someone got burnt in the process. Tough.

no sympathy at all. Everyone, including mods, happy to try and scam ebuyer and someone got burnt in the process. Tough.

I doubt "everyone" did, I certainly didn't bother, it was always going to be cancelled.

The people who did try it were hardly trying to scam ebuyer either, no one forced Ebuyer to price it like that.

Deep breath Ash ;)

Sometimes things work out - like the recent pricing error for the 100mm Canon 'L' macro lens on Amazon - sold by Amazon - for a couple of hundred pounds less than everyone else.. Not quite such a bargain, but still a bargain, and one that Amazon fulfilled... And it qualified for cashback...

Back