Review Canon 6D live view accuracy

Edit My Images
No
Hi,

Hope you guys can help. Have a new 6D but when taking shots the live view looks darker than what actually come out when I download them? How accurate is the live view supposed to be? I have been over exposing shots thinking the live view image was too dark :(

Cheers,

It's not acurate at all but have you tried adjusting the screen brightness in the settings, which may help a bit.

Never use the LCD screen to judge your image. Always check the histogram.

It's not acurate at all but have you tried adjusting the screen brightness in the settings, which may help a bit.

Never use the LCD screen to judge your image. Always check the histogram.
This^
That's not what live view is for.
The rear screen brightness and the ambient light are variables, the only accurate prediction of exposure is the histogram and blinkies.

Exactly what has already been said but there is also an exposure simulation setting that can be turned on in the menus.

Exactly what has already been said but there is also an exposure simulation setting that can be turned on in the menus.

Which means nothing if the brightness has been turned down and because the screen is not acurate.
The screen should be used for composition and fine focus, the histogram should be used for exposure.

Which means nothing if the brightness has been turned down and because the screen is not acurate.
The screen should be used for composition and fine focus, the histogram should be used for exposure.

Which is why I agreed with you in the main but this could be a small part of the OP's problem so also worth mentioning.

But yes, live by your histogram even to the point of ignoring JPEG preview blinkies is my own practice.

Thanks for the replies all. Ah ok, I will get my head into that, I just thought the 6d had a very good live view but I understand now :)

Back